Buckland, St Andrew's Church
Buckland, St Andrew's Church
A 14th century church with some 15th century rebuilding. The core of the church was built in 1348, and the south porch, aisle, south door, and west tower were gradually added over the next century, making St Andrew's a pleasing mix of Decorated and Perpendicular style.
The interior features several very nice 15th century brasses, as well as Elizabethan and Stuart memorials. The font is of Barnack stone (an oolitic limestone from Barnack, near Peterborough in Cambridgeshire) and may predate the current church by several hundred years.

There are some remnants of the original 14th century stained glass and interesting carved corbel heads. Many of the fittings date from a Victorian restoration.

Buckland church is no longer used for regular services and is now cared for by the Churches Conservation Trust.