Newton Stone
The Newton Stone as illustrated in John Stuart's Sculptured Stones of Scotland (1856).
Set within the grounds of Newton House, near Inverurie, are two Pictish symbol stones. One has incised depictions of a serpent and Z-rod, with a double disc, all traditional Pictish sybols. The other stone, the so-called Newton Stone, bears Ogham script and badly worn remnants of another, unknown type of script.
The Newton Stone was found at Shevoch, a mile away. Call first at the house to ask for permission and get directions to find the stones. About 3 miles away is another Pictish stone, the Maiden Stone, and the Picardy Symbol Stone is 5 miles distant.