Self Catering in Cumbria - Dufton
Sleeps a maximum of:
Pricing From: £176.00 - 376.00
Dufton Hall Cottage is a ground floor studio in a wing of the grade II listed Old Dufton Hall. and sleeps two people in a king size bedroom.
Situated in the pretty village of Dufton, just three miles from the beautiful Appleby-in-Westmorland is Dufton Hall Cottage. A wonderful ground floor studio cottage which is set in the wing of a grade II listed hall. Dufton Hall Cottage has been delightfully restored to provide comfortable accommodation and is open plan and sleeps two with one king size double bed which can be made into two singles, if required. The cottage also has a cosy sitting area, dining area, kitchen and a shower room with shower cubicle that adjoins the living area. After a busy day exploring, dining can take place in the wonderful patio area. With many lovely walks, picturesque villages and towns nearby, this makes Dufton Hall Cottage a wonderful base.
RECENT CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Honest Review - Pros & Cons
We visited during Christmas period and had a positive experience.
Hopefully the below should help you make an educated decision as I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews.
1. Good communication before arrival.
3. Warm welcome.
4. Variety of food basis supplied; milk, tea, sugar, bananas, cooking oil through to foil.
5. Range of cooking appliances; kettle, toaster, slow cooker, hob, steamer, small fridge. Various pots, pans and utensils. Also decent bows, plates, cups and glasses.
6. Offer to use main house oven etc to help cook Christmas dinner.
7. Went extra mile and festively decorated.
8. Plenty of storage cupboards etc.
9. Fantastic shower and thick towels provided. Soap and shampoo provided in wall dispenses - smells lovely.
10. Bed really warm and comfy but rolled into middle (see con 2).
11. Plenty of activity and walk information provided in pack in cupboard.
12. TV & DVD player with remotes (although had to give dvd good clean to get it playing properly). Will need to take own films.
13. Various cleaning products available so can keep as clean as you wish.
1. No wifi.
2. Bed is two singles put/zipped together, you tend to roll into middle but was warm and comfy (see pro 9).
1. You truly are in the middle of nowhere so no signal however bit of a hotspot at the front gate where you may get a bar or two of signal.
1. Need door glass to be frosted or tinted to allow privacy without closing blind.
2. Radiator too small to heat room properly, larger one needed or better insulation. Perhaps curtain across door to help retain heat. It drops rather chilly.
3. Need to be clearer as to where bin/recycle unit is.
Not for us
Small, much smaller than we envisaged. As it's all open plan (except for bathroom) it felt far too cramped for a couple with large dog (dog bed) and walking gear. Felt quite enclosed when we had inclement weather. For some reason there is only one stool for the breakfast bar so a couple could not sit and eat together. Not very private with people walking past the part glass door of the accommodation to the main house (yes, we could pull the blind down but then it really did feel claustrophobic)
Pros: Fantastic location, modern and spotless accommodation. Good TV reception. equipped with small wardrobe, bedside cabinets and little items like reading books, playing cards, walking routes, shower gels, free wi-fi.
Nice sitting area (when the weather is favourable).
To be fair the owners have done a great conversion job and the accommodation may suit some folk but i'm sorry to say it just wasn't for us.
A great cosy cottage. Very happy couple
Cottage enabled us to feel completely relaxed whilst the location enabled us to explore the area around us.
Cosy pied a terre in lovely village
Perfect for a long weekend for just me and my dog, this cottage is very small but well designed and very well equipped. Lovely comfy bed and nice enclosed garden to sit out weather permitting, which it was during my stay. Dufton is a really pretty and incredibly peaceful village with a good pub serving food and a tea shop (The post box pantry) which does a great cooked breakfast. Could do with instructions on how to use the hob as it took me ages to work it out as I am only familiar with gas hobs.
Services / Facilities:
Oil central heating. Microwave with dual function oven, fridge, colour TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio. Small library of books/DVDs. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for two cars. Patio area with furniture and BBQ. Shared use of owner's garden. One well behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops 3 miles. Pub 2 mins walk.
Double Beds: 1
is approximate and
should only be used to get a rough idea of the cottage location.
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Dufton area.
Nearest Alternative Cottages
of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may
be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute
facility listings will be always presented during the booking
process for your approval.