Self Catering in Gwynedd - Barmouth
Areas: North Wales
Sleeps a maximum of:
Pricing From: £323.00 - 840.00
This traditional end terrace cottage is situated close to the centre of Barmouth in Gwynedd and can sleep six people in three bedrooms.
Heulwen is situated close to the centre of Barmouth in Gwynedd. The cottage sleeps six people and has one double bedroom, one twin bedroom, one adult bunk bedroom, a bathroom, a fitted kitchen, a dining room with a gas fire and a sitting room with gas fire. Outside, the cottage benefits from off road parking for two cars and an enclosed rear patio garden with furniture. With scenic walks and beautiful sandy beaches nearby,Heulwen is a wonderful setting for a memorable family beach holiday.
RECENT CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Heulwen is situated in an excellent location. The king size bed is really comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay.
The location is excellent with a 2 minute walk to a lovely beach and a 5 minute walk to the shops/town centre. The cottage is very clean and spacious.
DO NOT BOOK THIS COTTAGE FROM ANY OF THE WEBSITES ADVERTISING IT
My brother and I recently stayed at Heulwen Cottage, Barmouth. I am afraid that the standard of the accommodation fell far below our expectations. Listed below are a series of things which we found to be unsatisfactory and, in some cases, downright dangerous.
1. On our arrival we were greeted by a rotting garden gate which was broken and dragging the ground.
2. The patio area at the rear of the property was equipped with garden furniture; unfortunately we were unable to utilise this as it was damaged in several places, the wood was splintered and rotting, the arm of one of the benches was missing in its entirety and an inch-long rusty nail was sticking out of the rotting wood covered by silver insulating tape.
3. When we opened one of the cupboard doors in the kitchen it virtually came off its hinges, so we quickly closed it and did not touch it again for the remainder of our stay.
4. The grill did not work.
5. There was a dead spider in the hallway. The cottage was not particularly clean and smelled of damp.
6. The tiles around the bath and in the shower area were discoloured and black mould has begun to grow in some places.
7. There was evidence of damp and water damage in virtually every room of the cottage, with the wallpaper actually peeling and hanging off in some rooms.
8. There was a dirty sheet balled up and thrown in the bottom of the wardrobe of the second bedroom.
9. There were loose unused cables in the dining room and the main bedroom.
10. The sheet on the bed in the master bedroom was wet around the edges, but had still been put on the bed and tucked in around what passed for the mattress. I had to untuck it and let it hang down to dry during the evening before we went to bed.
11. The mattress on the bed in the master bedroom left a lot to be desired! It was not a proper mattress, simply a three inch piece of foam! This proved to be very uncomfortable indeed, and resulted in disturbed sleep.
12. Most worryingly, when I plugged my phone in one of the sockets in the main bedroom to charge the plug on my charger got very hot. There is obviously a serious problem with that socket.
Due to all of the above we ended up coming home a day early. Instead of returning home relaxed and refreshed after an enjoyable break, we returned fractious and tired through lack of sleep, and with backache to boot! The whole property exudes an air of neglect and decay, which is a shame, as it has the potential to be a wonderful holiday home if renovated to an acceptable standard.
Sykes Cottages did eventually refund me my money in full. However, this cottage is still being advertised on their website and several other holiday lettings websites, all of which are using the same pictures which we saw in October 2013 when we made our original booking.
Good sized cottage in great location for beach and shops. Weather was excellent. Overall we had a great holiday. Would definitely recommend the venue and hope to go back in the future.
Comfortable house for a relaxing holiday. House central to sea, shops, trains. Good views. Great place for a holiday. Good base for exploring North Wales by road or walking.
Gas central heating with additional heating from gas fires in dining and sitting rooms
Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Sky, DVD
Fuel and power included in rent
Bed linen and towels included in rent
Off road parking at rear for 2 cars
Enclosed rear patio garden with furniture
Sorry, no pets or smoking
Shops 5 mins walk, pub 3 mins walk
Beach 2 mins walk
is approximate and
should only be used to get a rough idea of the cottage location.
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Barmouth area.
Nearest Alternative Cottages
of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may
be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute
facility listings will be always presented during the booking
process for your approval.