Self Catering in Powys - Llanbister
Sleeps a maximum of:
Pricing From: £306.00 - 721.00
This detached cottage is located near to the Welsh village of Llanbister and can sleep seven people in three bedrooms.
Vrongoch Cottage is a detached cottage on a working farm near to the village of Llanbister in Mid Wales. The cottage sleeps seven people and has two double bedrooms (one with an en-suite) and a family room with a double and a single bed, as well as a family bathroom. Also in the cottage is kitchen with dining area, and a sitting room with a woodburning stove. Outside is off road parking and a lawned garden with outdoor furniture, swings and barbecue, as well as a hot tub and gym in a separate room. Set on a 600 acre working farm, Vrongoch Cottage is a superb cottage for discovering the stunning Welsh countryside.
RECENT CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Tranquil, well equipped holiday retreat.
Well proportioned accommodation, very comfortable and welcoming. At the time of year we went it was very cold and we loved to see the snow on the mountains. We put out bird feeders and spent ages just watching the small birds come with red kites and buzzards flying over. Builth Wells had shopping to provide whatever you may need and the local pub was like stepping back in time but very friendly and good food. The hot tub being indoors meant even on the coldest day it was a lovely treat, although the freezing run from the hot tub to bungalow left me wishing I could run faster :) We would love to return in better weather to explore the surrounding areas more, but it was such a treat to just unwind.
Average at best and beware..
First the good stuff. If you are looking for a quiet retreat to get away from it all then this will certainly give you that. As it says in the description there are three bedrooms, a large kitchen with a dining room table, a living room, utility room and hot tub room.
There are a large selection of books and games available in the cottage to use.
Now the not so good stuff..
The 'Welcome Book'
- Lots of errors and crossing out
- Seems out of date
- The facts on the hot tub page are not necessary for example 'if one person in the party fails to clean themselves properly after toilet use, you are going to be sat in it'.
- Note on leaving property clean is ironic (it was not clean when we arrived)
- The book says take all rubbish/recycling to collection point when leaving!! (See rubbish)
- Would have to take rubbish and keys (to open lock on bin), then come back to drop keys off. There was other people's recycling left when we arrived.
- You do not get a dustbin like everyone else in the neighbourhood.
- You have to drive for two miles with your smelly rubbish in your car.
- The roads around the farm are not good unless you have a 4x4 and we hit the bottom of car taking rubbish.
- No mention of having to take your rubbish on website
- House next door (the owner) has bins - why does the guest have to drive to take theirs?
- House was not really clean when we arrived, so that was our first job on arrival
- Floors were gritty
- Dusty in general
- Book says do not leave dog alone in house - thats fine
- Book also says do not take dog in hot tub room - therefore you cannot all go in hot tub together
- Book says put dog mess in bag and then in dust bin...there isn't one!
* Hot tub
- Tub for 'cleaning' feet in was dirty on arrival
- Not able to drink tap water
- No mention of this on website- our daughter was unable to drink squash on first night until we could buy some the next day.
- This is controlled by the owner. We called the one night as we were cold and the heating was not on. The owner told us it was set at a certain temperature and we should wait until it hit the point until it dropped low enough to kick in!
In summary this place could be really special but it needs some love and attention. We have stayed in many properties similar to this and would advise the reader to consider others too before booking
Lovely well equipped cottage nestling in the Welsh countryside. Excellent views and very quiet. Good walks. Hot tub was well used and had a relaxing break.
Fantastic location for getting away from it all. Vrongoch Cottage had everything we needed and was dog friendly.
A peaceful and lovely remote setting with stunning views to celebrate our 45th Wedding Anniversary with friends and family. The standard of accommodation and facilities provided - especially the indoor hot tub with panoramic views - were unbeatable. The welcome and attention from the hosts was equally good and visits to the surrounding areas - including the Elan Valley, Red Kite feeding centre, various mountain routes and coastal resorts - put the icing on the cake, so to speak. Highly recommended.
Services / Facilities:
Oil central heating with woodburning stove. Electric double oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with FreeSat, DVDs. Fuel, power and fuel for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Off road parking for 3 cars. Enclosed side lawned garden with swings. Front patio garden with furniture and BBQ. Hot tub and gym with multi-gym, exercise bike and rowing machine. Two dogs welcome
when not in cottage or enclosed garden please keep dogs on lead at all times due to livestock. Sorry, no smoking. Shops 8.4 miles, pub 2.9 miles. Note: This cottage has hand rails, shower seats and ramps to the doors, making it suitable for accompanied disabled guests.
Double Beds: 3
is approximate and
should only be used to get a rough idea of the cottage location.
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Llanbister area.
Nearest Alternative Cottages
of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may
be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute
facility listings will be always presented during the booking
process for your approval.