Yorkshire Coast Self Catering cottage, Cliff Top Cottage, Saltburn-by-the-Sea, sleeps 4
Areas: Yorkshire Coast
Sleeps a maximum of:
Pricing From: £200.00 - 547.00
This traditional end-terrace cottage is set in Saltburn-by-the-Sea in Yorkshire and can sleep four people in two bedrooms.
Cliff Top Cottage is a traditional end-terrace cottage set in a quiet location in the popular town of Saltburn-by-the-Sea in Yorkshire and can sleep four people in one double bedroom and one single room with a pull-out stacker bed. The cottage also has a family bathroom. Completing the accommodation at this property is a kitchen with dining area and a sitting room with open fire.Outside there is off road parking for two cars and an enclosed garden located 50 yards from the property, with a pond. Cliff Top Cottage is ideal for those looking to explore the area or for a traditional seaside break.
RECENT CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Gave up & went home after 5 days
Cliff Top Cottage
Ok let?s start with the good points of which there are few, a newly fitted bathroom looks to be in evidence very modern & fitted quite well. The views from this cottage are nice & the area is away from any road/resort noise that?s about all I can say for the benefits of this cottage.
Now for the bad points & there are many:
1. The approach to this property is via a gravelled track it was said to be maintained it is not there are many pot holes to traverse & they are impossible to avoid so bring your 4X4.
2. The garden is overgrown & looks severely neglected you must be sure of foot if you venture into it, I myself decided not to risk it, the second parking spot in this area is only suitable for a very small vehicle as there is inadequate space to manoeuvre a vehicle onto it. A neighbour who I canvassed an opinion likened the garden to a wasteland.
3. Planters around the property are just full of weeds with extra weeds growing in the entrance making the look on approach very unwelcoming along with two bins either side of the door which was not evident in the advertised pictures.
4. The kitchen is old & requires a total re-fit there is little by way of kitchen utensils the flooring has a few loose fitting door mats & loose vinyl floor runner just laid over the original flooring vinyl which could cause a trip hazard. There are several pans available for use but the frying pan is something else if you tried to fry water it would stick. The top drawer of freezer is unusable as it is iced up & requires a thorough defrosting & a good clean. The cheap & nasty table runner is filthy & stained it does not inspire you to eat from it. There is little by way of cleaning products bar a little washing up liquid but no cloths/sponges/mop we normally leave a cottage as we found it on this occasion because of the latter we could not.
5. The living room is fitted out with furniture which can only be described as the cast offs from a refuge & very uncomfortable to sit upon, some of this furniture looks to have been re-upholstered in a very amateurish fashion. The curtain rail is barely fitted to the wall with rubber bands at the end to stop the curtains from coming away completely the whole arrangement looks to be ready to hurl itself to the floor. There is a tiny tv perched on a wooden shelf & in order to read the sub titles you would need the sight attributed to superman the tv would perhaps be ok if it was situated in a VW campervan. The starter pack of fuel for the fire is a joke & only consisting of a small amount of kindling which would probably burn away within 60 minutes.
6. The bathroom whilst being quite new the shower system is very poor indeed the pressure of water could be likened to that emanating from a watering can, most unsatisfactory.
7. All in all a very uncomfortable cottage & not consistent with the normal standards one could expect from this type of cottage.
I would add that we were invited into the next door cottage also a holiday let & found the fixtures & fittings there far more superior to those we were having to endure.
This was a very relaxing holiday for us, it felt like home from home. The cottage had a lovely homely feel to it, very warm and cosy. It was so romantic having an open fire. My husband and I will most certainly try to book this cottage again whenever we come to visit.
Services / Facilities:
Electric panel heaters with open fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc.in rent. Highchair. Off road parking for 1 car, additional parking for 1 car in garden area. Enclosed wildlife garden with furniture and pond accessed via communal lane. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 10 mins walk, pub 5 mins walk downhill. Beach 10 mins walk. Note: This property has an unfenced pond in the garden 50 yards from the property. Note: The property lies 0.5 miles down an unmetalled road.
is approximate and
should only be used to get a rough idea of the cottage location.
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Saltburn-by-the-Sea area.
Nearest Alternative Cottages
of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may
be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute
facility listings will be always presented during the booking
process for your approval.