Self Catering in Strathclyde - Tayvallich
Areas: Argyll, Strathclyde
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £399.00 - 595.00
No 3 The Steadings is a luxury 4 star Scottish Tourist Board rated self-catering cottage located midway between the remote picturesque village of Tayvallich which curves around a lagoon at the head of Loch Sween, and Carsaig Bay which commands breathtaking views of the Sound of Jura on the West of Mainland Scotland. The Steadings enjoys a magnificent vista to the West with breathtaking sunsets and moonscapes weather permitting! Sliding Windows in the sitting room access the Patio - with outdoor seats, table and deck-chairs - overlooking its own burn immediately below the cottage. GROUND FLOOR - Spacious double master bedroom with wardrobe, fully fitted and elegant en-suite shower-room, toilet and wash-hand basin with shaver point.
- Sitting room complete with wood burning stove, sofa, dining table / chairs, freeview TV, DVD Player, mini Hi-Fi and direct access to the patio overlooking a private burn. - Fully stocked, modern kitchen immediately off the sitting room with hob and electric oven, refrigerator, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher and a full stock of kitchenware. Also spacious freezer in entrance hall.
- Bathroom with toilet, wash-hand basin with shaver point and bath and shower. UPSTAIRS Hallway leading to two spacious recently refurbished bedrooms, one double and one twin, both with wardrobes and chest of drawers. Both bedrooms enjoy great views through the skylights to the West.
FACILITIES - Private parking for up to two cars is immediately adjacent to the cottage. - Electricity and logs for the wood burner are included in our rates - the wood burner is not necessary for warmth but is an attractive feature. - Bedding & towels are included in our rates.
- Wi-Fi is also included in our rates. - A small library and children?s toys and games are provided. - Up to two baby high chairs and baby cots ? with bedding - are also available free on request, with your original booking.
- A Stair gate for young children is stored in the cottage. - Mobile telephone access is available but to date only through Vodafone. Overseas guests with Roaming enabled will be able to make a connection.
In any event a payphone is provided - +44(0)1546-870374. - If you have special interests or requirements please let us know at the time of booking and we will do our very best to assist. - Well-behaved pets are welcome (maximum two) for a small charge of GBP 15 each per stay, but we ask customers take reasonable steps to ensure dirt is not brought into the cottage.
- No smoking restrictions, except bedrooms - the cottage will be well aired between changeovers.
Services / Facilities:
Beach within 1 mile
Housekeeping & Services
Iron and Ironing Board
Bed Linen Included
Fuel and Power Included
Open Fire/Wood Burner
2 Double Bedrooms
1 Twin Bedroom
Ground Floor Facilities
Ground Floor Bedroom
Ground Floor Toilet
Ground Floor Bath
Ground Floor Shower
Terrace / patio
Off road parking
Activities within 20min drive of the property
Pub/Bar within 1 mile
Local Water Sports
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Tayvallich area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Keills Chapel - 5.4 miles (Historic Church)
Castle Sween - 5.7 miles (Castle)
Cairnbaan Cup And Ring Marks - 6.4 miles (Prehistoric Site)
St Columba's Cave - 6.7 miles (Historic Building)
Dunadd Fort - 7 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Achnabreck Cup and Ring Marks - 7.5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Ri Cruin Cairn - 7.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Ballygowan Cup and Ring Marks - 7.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Ballymeanoch Stone Row - 8 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Baluachraig Cup And Ring Marks - 8 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.