Cromwell's House, Ely
Cromwell's House, Ely
The house where Oliver Cromwell and his family lived from 1636-1647 is an attractive half-timbered building that once served as the vicarage for nearby St. Mary's Church. The house was built in the 13th century, and portions of that first structure survive in the east wing of the current house.

The building served as a pub for several years - aptly named "The Cromwell's Arms", but it is now refurbished in Stuart style, and audio-visual displays provide insight into the career and times of Cromwell. Downstairs in Cromwell's House is the Ely Tourist Information Centre, who provide a Ghost Walk of Ely in addition to the usual leaflets and travel help.