Do you love Cornwall? Help us make the UK Travel Guide the very best resource for this and all UK travel and heritage related information. Suggest a website for inclusion in this category
A History of Liskeard
A History of Liskeard. The name Liskeard is believed to be derived from the words Lys Kerwyd which meant Kerwyd's court or palace. Unfortunatley who Kerwyd was is lost in the mists of time. At the time of the Domesday Book, in 1086, Liskeard was a typical village where the peasants lived by farming.
The parish of Liskeard, (Cornish: Lyskerry), which also includes the borough, is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of West. It is bounded on the north by St Cleer, on the east by Menheniot, on the south by Morval, St Keyne, Duloe and St Pinnock, and on the west by St Neot.
Liskeard Town Council
Welcome to Liskeard Ancient Stannary and Market Town of South East Cornwall. The hidden coves and resorts of the beautiful south Cornish coast are easily reached by road or rail, whilst to the north of the town lies the vast rugged expanse of remote Bodmin Moor.
Suggest a new website for this page