Sleeping four people in two bedrooms, this semi-detached cottage is in a rural location near Turnditch, 5 miles from Belper.
Highcroft is a semi-detached cottage in a rural location 1.6 miles from Turnditch. The cottage has a double and a twin, along with a house bathroom and additional ground floor cloakroom.
The living area is open plan, with a kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area and sitting area with woodburner. Outside is off road parking for two cars and a private patio area with furniture and countryside views. Highcroft is a great family base for enjoying walking, the towns of Belper and Ashbourne, and historic houses, or simply relaxing and watching the owners' small herd of deer.
RECENT CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Lovely cottage We have just returned from a lovely week here. We have 2 children 5 and 3 who loved waking up to the deer every morning and looking out for them on our return from our days out, generally they were outside our window. The cotrage was very comfortable with all John Lewis bedding, smeg kitchen and all necessary equipment for cooking a nd cleaning (if you want to do this on holiday) The sloping ceilings weren't really a problem, just had to remember them, mainly in the shower.
The owners live at the bottom of the drive and were on hand by phone immediately with any questions.
The location is perfect for days out. We visited Sudley Hall which was absolutely lovely, as was Chatsworth Castle and Markeaton Park, the best park we've ever been to, definitely worth a visit with or without children. We went to Drayton Manor and Gullivers Kingdom all full days out with children. There was so such more to do..... Tiger Inn was a mile away and local produced food was delicious well worth a visit. EmmaB067 2019-08-24
Deer Croft cottage Cottage was a good base to visit other places of interest. The main road directly from the drive with no paths made it a bit unsafe for walking,especially with our young dog. The owners did allow us to use the grassed area next to their cottage though. Cottage was clean with all necessary equipment but we had a few bumped heads in the bedrooms and bathroom due to the sloped ceilings. NEIL S 2018-08-18
Good location in need of improvement We have just returned from a lovely week at the cottage. The owners were very friendly and let us come a bit early. We have three small children who loved seeing the deer in the field next to the property. There is loads to do in the area. The tram village was great and we managed some beautiful walks. The cottage was nice a clean and big enough for our requirements, however we had issues with the stair gate. There was one left out for us to use but it didn?t fit in any gaps - at bottom of stairs/top of stairs or bedrooms! Slightly dangerous given the ages of our children. Also there were exposed wires and a light socket hanging off a wall. Again found this to be dangerous given the ages of our children. Nothing that couldnt be fixed easily. The place just needed a fresh lick of paint as had been patched up with different shades of the same colour. fspurgeon 2018-06-02
Amazing !!!! Didn?t want to leave perfect What a stunning little quaint place ! This was a perfect place for our family of four and Dalmatian Macy. Our two boys are 2years old and 4 years old and loved being able to see the deer out the windows all the time. All the features are high tech, it?s clean, modern, and has everything you need. It?s spacious enough and the kids loved running round in the double garage for a minute to let off some steam. It was so so nice, great location for loads of places. We went to the caves, elvaston castle, cusworth hall and was going to try the steam train but had to come home. We went to the railway pub which was lovely food, real chips and fab portions. We also went to the hanging gate ( a chain ) which was lovely too, with a cosy real fire. Really enjoyed the break maybe a few more DVD?s needed but perfect thanks so so much lucyloo28 2018-01-02
Misleading and disappointing We started at Deer Croft Cottage last week. The cottage itself is ok but key points to note;
1. It's a venison farm rather than family herd of deer - the deer are all ear tagged and processed on site, discovered by the big sign offering venison for sale on site. This is fine if you are ok knowing the nice deer you are looking at are due for the dinner plate - I wasn't comfortable with that
2. The gorgeous dog Agnes is indeed gorgeous however she spent a lot of time in a small cage on the driveway when we were there. We welcomed her visits happy to see her out of a cage! But note, if you aren't keen on dogs (which we are so hard to imagine however...), you will get a visit and the owners don't intervene with this - we never saw the owners of the house despite the cottage actually being attached to their house - that's not mentioned either in the spec!
3. It's off quite a busy road so if wanting to walk anywhere bear that in mind especially if you have children
4 A travel cot and high chair and toys are there which are good but there are no stair gates which isn't great as there is the main staircase then small steps to both bedrooms
5. Kitchen could do with having a few basics - cooking oil, foil etc..
6. FLIES! Everywhere! We had at least 5 in the cottage at anytime, usually more. Not sure if there was a bin problem or if they were attracted to the waste tank next door to the driveway by the cottage
7. Wifi was intermittent - we tended to get kicked off in the evenings
8. Small detail.but the batteries in the to remote didn't work! And neither did the lamp in one of the bedrooms. Ok small moan but after all the other things it got a bit annoying!
If I'm honest, I'd look elsewhere if I were you! scruffymatt 2016-09-26
Linen provided Towels provided Dishwasher Cooker Fridge Washing Machine Television High Chair Cot WiFi
Single Beds 2
Double Beds 1
Twin Beds 1
Details Oil fired central heating throughout Electric oven and hob, fridge, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs Fuel and power included in rent Bed linen and towels included in rent Off road parking for 2 cars Enclosed patio and lawn with furniture One well behaved pet welcome Sorry, no smoking Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile
Changeover Day Sat
is approximate and
should only be used to get a rough idea of the cottage location.
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Turnditch area.
Heritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may
be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute
facility listings will be always presented during the booking
process for your approval.