Yorkshire Dales Self Catering cottage, Amberley Cottage, Masham, sleeps 4
Areas: Yorkshire Dales
Masham Travel and Heritage Information
Sleeps a maximum of:
Pricing From: £374.00
This detached cottage is located in the North Yorkshire town of Masham and can sleep four people in two bedrooms.
Amberley Cottage is a detached cottage in the heart of the pretty North Yorkshire town of Masham. The cottage sleeps four people and has two double bedrooms and a family bathroom. The cottage also has a small kitchen, a dining room and a sitting room with a woodburning stove.
Outside is off road parking and an enclosed patio with furniture. All the town's amenities are close by making Amberley Cottage a lovely family holiday home all year round.
RECENT CUSTOMER REVIEWS
A few good, many things not so good!
Well first of all, first impressions of the accommodation is it looks very beautiful when you arrive. But very uncomfortable beds, not very clean, no freezer, a mat placed in a dangerous position which made me fall and injure myself and no storage for food or clothes, its not what I expected!
1. Off road parking, nice to be able to park outside especially with me having mobility problems.
2. Enclosed garden, great for sitting out when there is sun.
3. Bathroom downstairs, don't have to get upstairs for the loo.
4. Good showers
1. To say we are still in a pandemic and covid is still very widespread, I expected the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned to a higher than normal standard. The sofas were full of dust, the cupboards had 2 spiders living in there with several webs so hadn't been cleaned prior to our visit. The rugs were really dirty and the floor was also really dirty.
2. There was no room to store any food so had to store food on the sides. There were cupboards full of unnecessary things for a holiday like scales for baking a cake.
3. There was no freezer so was unable to store the frozen food I had brought although there would be plenty of room for a chest freezer either outside or in the first reception room.
4. The beds were extremely uncomfortable! The king size mattress is completely ruined. It dips in the middle and you can see where the mattress has collapsed. This is a big thing, especially as I suffer with chronic pain. This just made it so much worse.
5. Had Sykes cottages ringing as I had one more small dog threatening to ask us to leave because I hadn't declared it when I booked. It was a genuine mistake. Clearly we were being watched which is not what you want when you are on holiday. We then had someone come in and move our belongings when we were out! The extra dog wasn't a problem, we left the place cleaner than when we found it.
6. A very dangerous mat was placed on the wooden floor in the first reception room under the window. It had no rubber lining to keep it in place and I was walking to the toilet and went straight over and injured my elbow. I suppose I was lucky it was just my elbow and didn't smash my head really or it was one of my children that fell!
7. Then went to use the first aid box and there were contents in there from 2003 so none of it was sterile! Just basic health and safety really.
So yes all in all, wouldn't be recommending and think there needs to be some changes to get things covid safe and generally safe.
A perfect place to spend New Year!
My friends and l enjoyed a fabulous New Year in this gorgeous cottage. We were welcomed with a home made lemon drizzle cake and a basket of logs for the fire. The cottage is beautiful, so cosy with everything you need for a self catering holiday, it also includes three parking spaces! Masham itself has some lovely pubs a restaurant and great dog friendly walks along the river. The owner Sue was really helpful, I accidently left some belongings behind which Sue promptly returned refusing payment for postage. I would strongly recommend a visit to this beautiful cottage, you won't be disappointed!
A lovely cottage & a great location, will definitely be going back.
This cottage was lovely and not short of anything. It is very cosy and a great place to stay. We were welcomed with a lovely sponge cake , Delicious. The town of Masham is a lovely little town although not much to do but a great place to use as a base. Lovely walks and great pubs which are all dog friendly and serve great food especially the Bruce, Worse service and food was the kings ? hotel in the square.
Just returned home from one weeks stay in this beautiful cottage. Sue the owner is a lovely lady who promptly arrived to sort a small problem we had with the TV. There was a scrummy homemade lemon drizzle cake and a pint of milk waiting for us on arrival which were much appreciated. The cottage was very clean, comfortable and equipped to the highest standard and the bed was soooo comfortable! In spite of the awful weather, the cottage made our stay in Masham an enjoyable one. Thank you so much Sue.
Gas central heating with woodburning stove
Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc in rent
Bed linen and towels inc in rent
Cot and highchair available
Off road parking for 3 cars
Enclosed patio garden with furniture
One well-behaved pet welcome
Sorry, no smoking
Shop 1 min walk, pubs 4 mins walk
Maximum 4 people, excluding infants
Note: Stairs are steep and may not be suitable for persons with limited mobility
is approximate and
should only be used to get a rough idea of the cottage location.
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Masham area.
Nearest Alternative Cottages
of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may
be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute
facility listings will be always presented during the booking
process for your approval.