Lincolnshire Self Catering cottage, Chestnut Cottage at Bluebell Glade, Market Rasen, sleeps 4
Market Rasen Travel and Heritage Information
Chestnut Cottage at Bluebell Glade
Sleeps a maximum of:
Pricing From: £580.00
This semi-detached cottage is in Tealby near the market town of Market Rasen and can sleep four people in two bedrooms.
Chestnut Cottage at Bluebell Glade is a lovely semi-detached cottage in Tealby near the town of Market Rasen just 15 miles from Lincoln. The cottage can sleep four people and has one first floor king-size double bedroom with en-suite bath and one ground floor super king-size double, which can be a twin, together with family bathroom. Also in the cottage is an open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
Outside is ample off road parking together with bike storage and a private patio with hot tub and furniture. Chestnut Cottage at Bluebell Glade is a lovely base from which to explore this stunning part of the country.
RECENT CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Excited wasn't the word about looking forward to staying in this cottage, it ticked all the boxes i would require of a cottage. I have stayed in numerous cottages and lodges and always through Hoseasons, this was the first time booking with Sykes. Unfortunately the reality was far from what was expected or offered.
As other reviewers have mentioned the property is in an ideal location, its quiet, out of the way and in just the perfect spot, thats where the benefits end.
The cottage is tired to say the least, the doors dont lock or close properly, the underfloor heating doesnt work, there is a minimal amount of storage space so if you take food with you which you will do on a self catering holiday, good luck finding somewhere to keep it.
The hot tub is hit and miss as to whether it is working, and the owner is rude and abrupt and do not ask or expect to be able to contact her via anything other than email, as thats not possible and even Sykes the management company dont have a number for her!
The cottage was unclean and even though you may expect some hair if its dog friendly i have stayed in other dog friendly cottages and they were spotless. There were used tissues down the side cushions of the sofa, attention to detail is lacking in just about everything with this cottage. Its as if the owner is happy to take your £600 for the week and leave you to get on with it. Not good when you save up all year to have a relaxing enjoyable break.
i really wish I had more positive things to say about this place but I dont, I would avoid at all costs if you want a relaxing break, Book somewhere through Hoseasons as Sykes and this property in particular have been a HUGE letdown. When raising concerns with Sykes it took two weeks to get any formal response back from them. AVOID.
Family party stayed for a week. On arrival there was a lovely welcome hamper which was a great start. Clean and modern. Facilities excellent. Hot tub was great and enjoyed by all ages. Local area was very attractive with walks and woodland and great pub in Tealby. Lovely food and scenery. It was a great base for exploring the Lincolnshire Wolds. Will be definitely be returning. There are 3 accommodations to choose from all in a lovely setting.
We had a wonderful break.
Had potential but missed the mark
- Lynda emailed before our arrival with directions loads of information about amenities which was handy.
- The location of this property was perfect for us. We wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of commuting and have somewhere to walk our dog - and this didn't disappoint. Having the woods on our doorstep was a real treat and we had a great trip to the beach at Maplethorpe
- The enclosed garden was a godsend for our dog
- The shower was nice and powerful (but I'd have liked it a little hotter, not sure if it had a lock on it for safety?)
- The superking bed was super comfy :-)
- The hot tub: a cool bonus although we didn't use it sadly because the weather wasn't really suitable
- There was a good selection of games to choose from
- The kitchen was well equipped
- We struggled a little locating the front door when we arrived. Some signs would have helped, especially if people arrive in the dark. While we were there a large party arrived to stay in the adjoining barn and gave us a bit of a fright turning up in our garden in the dark because they couldn't find their place either!
- There is no phone reception at all, which would ordinarily be fine but I'd ordered a grocery shop so they struggled to call when they couldn't find us
- The bedrooms in both properties are really badly planned: the adjoining barn was occupied on our first and last nights and it meant we had people walking around above our heads making a lot of noise late at night. We decamped to the other bedroom which luckily we could do as we didn't have anyone else staying with us but if the barn had been occupied all week we wouldn't have been too pleased at having to move permanently
- The doors don't close properly and slam really loudly (in both properties - we could hear next doors' banging when it was occupied)
- The upstairs bedroom was uncomfortably warm and the heating was tricky to control
- We felt a little bit overlooked when people walked past our bedroom window (the path to the adjoining property goes directly past it) and garden.
- The place wasn't super clean: the floors, kitchen utensils, mugs and glasses were grubby and the sink in the downstairs bathroom was a bit whiffy.
First family holiday
We have just returned and were very pleasantly surprised by this place after the latest review. What a lovely little place. It was clean and spacious and Lynda was a lovely host. The welcome basket was a fantastic little touch. A travel cot and high chair were provided on request. Would definitely return here in the future. The bed was really comfy and the hot tub nice and warm. Lovely place for a small family to enjoy. Only issue which was no ones fault apart from the people staying next to us singing very loudly at 3am waking our 13 month old. Now I do like the shoop shoop song but not at that time!!!
Booked through Sykes and was very disappointed. Hot water and heating lost for nearly 3 days. Under floor heating didn?t work. Hot tub cold for two days. No heating in downstairs bedroom at all. No WiFi all week despite being promised it would be back after a maximum of a couple of days. having a token compensation I was promised a reduction to return yet the owner didn?t stick to what was agreed so left very dissappointed and felt very robbed of an expensive week away which turned out to be far more stressful than staying at home.
is approximate and
should only be used to get a rough idea of the cottage location.
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Market Rasen area.
Nearest Alternative Cottages
of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may
be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute
facility listings will be always presented during the booking
process for your approval.