Self Catering in Derbyshire - Wirksworth
Sleeps a maximum of: 2
Pricing From: £326.00
Located in the picturesque village of Alderwasley, on the edge of the Peak District National Park, this lovely one-bedroom cottage features exposed stone walls, an open plan kitchen/dining and living area and a feature sunken patio.
Sparrows Roost is a pretty, detached barn conversion, ideally located on the edge of the Peak District National Park. This stunning property has been newly renovated to a very high standard, whilst retaining its original, quirky character. Dogs are welcome at the property and to enjoy the beautiful walks right from the door, the owners have prepared detailed maps and directions for walks around the cottages, so you can find the prettiest footpaths and best views.
You are situated in the picturesque village of Alderwasley, in a peaceful and relatively undiscovered area just a few miles from Matlock.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom with an en-suite bathroom.
- Sunken patio area (not enclosed).
- Parking for two vehicles.
- One well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge).
- A baby is welcome (please bring your own cot/ moses basket).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- Exposed stone walls.
- Granite work surfaces.
- Underfloor heating.
- Electric wood burner.
- Electric induction hob and fan assisted oven, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment.
- Television with FreeSat.
- DVD player, CD player with iPod docking station and USB port.
- Double cast iron swing seat, garden table and chairs, and sun loungers.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Sparrows Roost makes a perfect base for walking in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside and is surrounded by woods and valleys with stunning views.
- An award winning pub, The Bear Inn, serving excellent food along with its famous Sunday carvery, is just a short walk away.
- This area is steeped in history and well located within easy reach of the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site, Bakewell and Ashbourne.
- The historic market town of Wirksworth is just two miles away and has shops, pubs and a couple of very nice restaurants along with several take-aways.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- One Dog
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Wirksworth area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Crich Tramway Village - 2.2 miles (Family Attraction)
Cromford Mills - 2.5 miles (Historic Building)
Masson Mills - 2.9 miles (Historic Building)
Peak District Lead Mining Museum - 3.4 miles (Museum)
Cascades Gardens - 3.5 miles (Garden)
Heights of Abraham - 3.5 miles (Family Attraction)
Peak Cavern - 3.5 miles (Family Attraction)
Wingfield Manor - 3.7 miles (Historic Building)
Bonsall, St James Church - 3.8 miles (Historic Church)
Winster Market House - 6.5 miles (Historic Building)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.