Self Catering in Suffolk - Sibton
Sleeps a maximum of: 12
Pricing From: £1738.00
Once the Home Farm to Sibton Park and without doubt the oldest building on the estate, the Farmhouse has been faithfully restored and extended using Suffolk materials to create an unusual family homestead.
There are beams aplenty beneath a thatched roof that uses Norfolk Reed and locally grown long-straw and traditional Suffolk pargeting details inside and out. The oak-frame of the house, which has its origins in the 17th century, has been rubbed back and polished with beeswax and Suffolk brick floors re-laid to take under-floor heating. The original 17th century leaded lights and later Georgian windows have been reinstated affording wonderful views across the park to the lake and wider estate.
The triple-height hall, at the heart of the home and perfect for gatherings or parlour games, leads to sunny terraces and the cosy sitting room with open hearth and comfortable sofas. The Farmhouse is only available on an exclusive-use basis making it the ideal venue for fine parties, special family celebrations and corporate shin-digs. The Park's friendly, knowledgeable and discreet staff members are on hand to ensure an enjoyable and memorable stay.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps twelve guests.
- Six bedrooms, three en-suite shower rooms and three en-suite bathrooms.
- Open fireplace.
- Onsite parking.
- One well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge per dog), kept to the ground floor please.
- Minimum stay of one night.
- Set within 4,500 acres of parkland.
- A thatched roof, exposed beams and original brick floors.
- Underfloor heating.
- Dishwasher and washing machine.
- Large flatscreen HD LED TV's and iPod docks for entertainment.
- Use of an outdoor shared swimming pool, (heated between May - October.) For an additional cost, the pool can be heated outside these months.
- Use of a tennis court.
- An additional concierge service is available upon request. This includes a chef or bespoke spa treatments.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Nestled between the pretty Suffolk villages of Peasenhall and Yoxford.
- A short drive from the celebrated Heritage Coast.
- Southwold, on the mouth of the River Blythe, has a fine Victorian pier, colourful beach huts and is home of the famous Adnams Brewery.
- Nearby Walberswick is a favourite spot for crabbing with the children and is connected to Southwold via the quaint 'foot ferry'.
- Sleeps: 12
- Bedrooms: 6
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Sibton area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Peasenhall, St Michael's Church - 1.4 miles (Historic Church)
Yoxford, St Peter's Church - 1.4 miles (Historic Church)
Bramfield, St Andrew's Church - 2.7 miles (Historic Church)
Darsham, All Saints Church - 2.7 miles (Historic Church)
Huntingfield, St Mary's Church - 3.5 miles (Historic Church)
Thorington, St Peter's Church - 3.8 miles (Historic Church)
Bruisyard, St Peter's Church - 3.9 miles (Historic Church)
Halesworth, St Mary's Church - 4.5 miles (Historic Church)
Wenhaston, St Peter's Church - 4.5 miles (Historic Church)
Badingham, St John the Baptist Church - 4.5 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.