Self Catering in Clwyd - Colwyn Bay
Areas: Conwy, Clwyd
Lletty & Annexe
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £510.00
This 17th century Grade II farmhouse on the Bodnant Estate was sympathetically restored, retaining many period features and winning an award from the Conwy Civic Society. With the adjacent annexe, the property accommodates up to eight guests.
Lletty is one of eight luxury self-catering cottages on The Bodnant Estate near Conwy in North Wales. A perfect outdoor break, the Bodnant Estate is privately owned and this cottage lies off a woodland track from where there are glorious walks along private paths through woods and across farmland. The world famous Bodnant Garden, owned by the National Trust, is central to the Estate and within one to two miles walking distance from the properties and open 361 days a year. The world famous garden is known for its laburnum arch, Italianate terraces, waterfalls and national collections of plants.
Lletty is an historic three-storey Grade II stone holiday farmhouse dating from the 17th century, rescued from dereliction and sympathetically restored leading to an award from the Conwy Civic Society during 2009 for the restoration of the farmhouse. The property is situated high above the Eglwysbach valley, with fine pastoral views. It has many period features; two vaulted rooms, a two-storey room where the warmth of the animals was used to heat the farmhouse, exposed beams, wooden and slate floors, bread oven, etc. The separate annexe provides accommodation for two guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Three bedrooms and two bathrooms in the main house and one bedroom and one en-suite shower room in the annexe.
- A wood burning stove.
- Enclosed garden, parts of which are on a slope, with steps and a level sitting area below the house plus an eating terrace to one side of house.
- Parking for three vehicles.
- You can bring your dog to this cottage. Due to nearby livestock, please keep your pet under careful control.
- Please note that access to the cottage is via a single country road and graded track across fields.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Period features include oak and slate floors, vaulted ceilings, exposed beams and a bread oven.
- Gas range cooker, microwave, larder fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- TV, Freeview, DVD, CD/radio.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Fishing permits available at Bodnant Garden Centre.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Access to many miles of private paths that run through woods and across farmlands.
- The Bodnant Tearooms where you can enjoy freshly baked cakes while overlooking the beautiful Conwy Estuary and Carneddau Hills and 25 meters of adventure play trail for the children.
- Book yourself onto a course at the National Beekeeping Centre.
- Fishing permits can be purchased so you can spend a day in the heart of the estate trying to catch any number of fish from Roach, Tench, Perch, Eels and Rainbow Trout.
- For the green fingered, why not visit Bodnant Garden Centre. Otherwise, you may find a lovely gift from the Bodnant Craft Centre.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Colwyn Bay area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Caerhun Roman Fort (Canovium) - 1.2 miles (Roman Site)
Bodnant Garden - 1.3 miles (Garden)
Hendre Waelod Burial Chamber - 2.8 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Maen y Bardd (Stone of the Bard) - 3.5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Conwy Castle - 4.5 miles (Castle)
Aberconwy Abbey - 4.6 miles (Abbey)
Conwy Suspension Bridge - 4.6 miles (Historic Building)
Teapot World (Teapot Museum) - 4.6 miles (Museum)
Aberconwy House - 4.6 miles (Historic House)
Plas Mawr - 4.6 miles (Historic House)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.