Self Catering in Suffolk - Sibton
The Cartshed (Suffolk)
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £1182.00
The Cartshed is a traditional oak and elm timber-framed Suffolk barn which has been lovingly restored using traditional methods to create a seriously special English country cottage. The Cartshed features an iconic Ergo Focus wood burning stove and spectacular open plan kitchen and reception with sliding doors and timber screens allowing the room to open up directly onto the farm yard and parkland.
On one side a single-storey stable building has been extended to create an additional first floor area and stairs to two of the three first floor bedrooms. A steep ladder stair has been retained and provides access to the third bedroom. All the bedrooms have full-height vaulted ceilings exposing the traditional timber framing and oak and elm beams and views out over the pleasure grounds and parkland beyond.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms, two en-suite shower rooms and two en-suite bathrooms.
- A wood burning stove.
- Onsite parking.
- One well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge), kept to the ground floor please.
- Minimum stay of one night.
- Set within 4,500 acres of parkland.
- High vaulted ceilings and exposed beams.
- A steep ladder stair has been retained and provides access to the third bedroom.
- Dishwasher and washing machine.
- Large flatscreen HD LED TV's and iPod docks for entertainment.
- Use of an outdoor shared swimming pool, (heated between May - October.) For an additional cost, the pool can be heated outside these months.
- Use of a tennis court.
- An additional concierge service is available upon request. This includes a chef or bespoke spa treatments.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Nestled between the pretty Suffolk villages of Peasenhall and Yoxford.
- A short drive from the celebrated Heritage Coast.
- Southwold, on the mouth of the River Blythe, has a fine Victorian pier, colourful beach huts and is home of the famous Adnams Brewery.
- Nearby Walberswick is a favourite spot for crabbing with the children and is connected to Southwold via the quaint 'foot ferry'.
- Within the Yox Valley, guests can choose from a wide variety of award-winning traditional and gastro-pubs.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- One Dog
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Sibton area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Yoxford, St Peter's Church - 1.1 miles (Historic Church)
Peasenhall, St Michael's Church - 1.5 miles (Historic Church)
Darsham, All Saints Church - 2.4 miles (Historic Church)
Bramfield, St Andrew's Church - 2.7 miles (Historic Church)
Huntingfield, St Mary's Church - 3.8 miles (Historic Church)
Thorington, St Peter's Church - 3.8 miles (Historic Church)
Bruisyard, St Peter's Church - 4 miles (Historic Church)
Saxmundham, St John the Baptist Church - 4.3 miles (Historic Church)
Theberton, St Peter's Church - 4.3 miles (Historic Church)
Wenhaston, St Peter's Church - 4.5 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.