Self Catering in Wiltshire - Bradford-on-Avon
Lower South Wraxall
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £357.00
This 17th century Grade II listed property was originally a farmer's cottage but has now been modernised to meet present-day standards. It is centrally located in the attractive village of Lower South Wraxall, 3 miles north of Bradford on Avon.
Brook Cottage was modernised to provide cosy and comfortable accommodation whilst retaining many period features including beamed ceilings. It is centrally located in the quiet, attractive village of Lower South Wraxall and The Long Arms pub is just a short walk across the fields to the upper village. You are also just three miles north of Bradford on Avon with its many restaurants, pubs, boutiques, independent shops, fine antiques shops and galleries.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms.
- One bathroom with separate shower.
- Wood burning stove.
- Baby in own moses basket welcome
- Lovely landscaped garden.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge and to be kept downstairs please).
- Parking for one vehicle - the approach to the cottage is via a pathway from Brook's parking spot, whose driveway is shared with The Ottery.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Many period features including beamed ceilings.
- Redfyre electric oven with induction hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Digital TV.
- Garden furniture.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The Longs Arms pub is just a short walk across the fields to the upper village and free range eggs are available at the farm a short walk down the lane.
- Visit nearby Bradford on Avon.
- Within a 30 minute drive you can discover the beautiful villages of Castle Combe and Lacock. Castle Combe is frequently voted the prettiest village in England and Lacock is almost entirely owned by the National Trust and is home to the Fox Talbot Museum of Photography and Lacock Abbey. Lacock is often used as a film set for period dramas such as Pride and Prejudice and Cranham and was used in the Harry Potter films. Castle Combe was the set for the original Dr Dolittle film and, more recently, Warhorse.
- A short drive away is the beautiful, historic Roman town of Bath which has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Bradford-on-Avon area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Great Chalfield Manor - 1.7 miles (Historic Building)
Great Chalfield, All Saints Church - 1.8 miles (Historic Church)
Bradford-on-Avon, St Laurence Church - 2.2 miles (Historic Church)
The Courts Garden - 2.2 miles (Garden)
Bradford-on-Avon Tithe Barn - 2.4 miles (Historic Building)
American Museum and Gardens - 3.1 miles (Museum)
Westwood Manor - 3.5 miles (Historic Building)
Westwood, St Mary's Church - 3.5 miles (Historic Church)
Peto Garden at Iford Manor - 3.8 miles (Garden)
Corsham Court - 4.1 miles (Historic House)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.