Self Catering in Dorset - Lyme Regis
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £603.00
A beautifully restored and extended Wellhouse, set in 15 acres of shared grounds with a lake, stream and woodland located near Lyme Regis in West Dorset. The Wellhouse features an architect designed, 70m square extension with contemporary open plan kitchen and living space, designed and built by award winning furniture designer James Verner.
The beautifully restored and extended Wellhouse is set in 15 acres of shared grounds with a lake, stream and woodland, located near Lyme Regis in West Dorset. The Wellhouse features an architect designed, 70m square extension with contemporary open plan kitchen and living space, designed and built by award-winning furniture designer James Verner (www.jamesverner.co.uk). This tranquil haven occupies an elevated position and boasts magnificent views over the south facing large terrace and lawn to the hills of East Devon and beyond. Located at the end of a bumpy secluded track that leads one over a stream to a tranquil lake providing a wonderful space to unwind and relax with hammocks strewn between the trees.
After exploring the world heritage site of the Jurassic Coast with its first class sailing and water sports, mountain and road biking and walking merely a stone's through from the front door, guests can return back to this serene setting and relax with a glass of wine whilst watching the local wildlife, ranging from dragonflies to ducks, herons, moorhens and even the occasional cormorant.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three double bedrooms, one with its own private deck.
- Two bathrooms and a further separate shower room.
- Wood burning boiler stove in the extension along with a wood burning stove in the downstairs bedroom.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Ample parking for up to four cars.
- Access to the Wellhouse is via a rough secluded track which is not suitable for sports cars.
- Parents please be aware, this property contains many bespoke features which may require supervision of children.
- Minimum stay seven nights.
- Set within 15 acres of shared woodland and pasture with its own private lake.
- The central heating and hotwater is provided via the wood burning boiler stove, solar thermal panels on the roof and an electric immersion element.
- Exposed beams in the downstairs bedroom and living dining space.
- Twin electric oven with gas hob, larder fridge with separate freezer.
- Dishwasher and washing machine.
- Television with Freeview.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Lyme Regis area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Monkton Wyld, St Andrew's Church - 0.6 miles (Historic Church)
Jurassic Coast - 2.5 miles (Countryside)
Axminster Heritage Centre - 2.8 miles (Museum)
Musbury, St Michael's Church - 3.5 miles (Historic Church)
Whitchurch Canonicorum, St Candida & Holy Cross Church - 4 miles (Historic Church)
Shute Barton - 5 miles (Historic Building)
Loughwood Meeting House - 5.3 miles (Historic Building)
Colyton, St Andrew's Church - 5.4 miles (Historic Church)
Axmouth, St Michael's Church - 5.4 miles (Historic Church)
Forde Abbey - 5.5 miles (Historic House)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.