Self Catering in Dorset - Shaftesbury
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £552.00
This 300-year-old detached thatched flint property nestles in a secluded valley on the Cranborne Chase, one mile from Ashmore. There is direct access to forest walks and mountain bike trails. Ideal for a 'get away from it all' holiday.
Magna Cottage is a 300-year-old self catering holiday rental nestling in a secluded valley at the end of a no-through-road on the Cranborne Chase, a mile from Ashmore village.
This holiday cottage, a detached thatched flint property, is in an ideal location for an outdoor break in Dorset, with plenty of walking opportunities. From the cottage there is direct access to forest walks and mountain bike trails and it is conveniently located for the Wessex Ridgeway walk. It has good gourmet pubs in the area and is a good 'get-away-from-it-all' location.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms, one shower room and one bathroom.
- Inglenook fireplace with an open fire and guard.
- Large one acre lawned orchard garden, ideal for children.
- Ample onsite parking with secure fencing around the property.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Thatched roof and original features of this historic cottage
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer. Freezer in adjoining shed.
- Two TVs, DVD player, WifFi, iPod connection, radio.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Two picnic table benches. Logs in adjoining sheds.
- Sorry, no barbecues due to thatch.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- As the highest village in Dorset the views from the walks in the area are spectacular to the coast of the Isle of Wight.
- The Fontmell pub is excellent and only a five minute drive from the cottage and the Beckford Arms is also very good and about 20 minutes away.
- There are many others within a five-mile radius and in Shaftesbury, five miles to the north.
- There are glorious sandy beaches and sandbanks at the entrance to Poole Harbour.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Shaftesbury area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Larmer Tree Gardens - 2.6 miles (Garden)
Chettle House - 2.8 miles (Historic House)
Chettle, St Mary's Church - 2.9 miles (Historic Church)
Pimperne Long Barrow - 3.7 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Gold Hill Museum - 5.2 miles (Museum)
Shaftesbury Abbey Museum and Garden - 5.2 miles (Abbey)
Shaftesbury, St Peter's Church - 5.3 miles (Historic Church)
Royal Signals Museum - 5.5 miles (Museum)
Old Wardour Castle - 6.2 miles (Castle)
Gussage All Saints Church - 6.3 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.