Self Catering in Northumberland - Cornhill-on-Tweed
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £402.00
This superb Grade II listed cottage offers single level accommodation on a farm estate 1.5 miles from Cornhill-on-Tweed. It is in a quiet location, perched on a hill.
From the private garden there are uninterrupted views of rolling countryside.
Melkington Lodge is a Grade ll listed detached holiday cottage, offering single level accommodation in the grounds of a farm estate, one and a half miles from Cornhill-on-Tweed, Northumberland.
This retreat is in a quiet location perched on a hill, a quarter of a mile along a shared drive. From the private garden there are uninterrupted views of rolling countryside. In the village of Cornhill-on-Tweed you will find the local pub, The Collingwood Arms and the Cornhill village shop and cafÃ© which provides fresh, local produce and delicious baked goods.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Ground floor accommodation.
- Two bedrooms.
- One bathroom and one shower room.
- Open fireplace.
- Off road parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a four night stay.
- Children's play area with trampoline.
- Horse grazing is available by arrangement (please contact the office).
- Mainline train station from Berwick-upon-Tweed to Londonâs Kings Cross taking 3 hours 45 minutes.
- Edinburgh airport is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Car hire can be arranged.
- Electric cooker with double oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- Sky TV, video, DVD and CD player.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- Barbecue and garden furniture.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- A short five minute drive away, discover the town of Coldstream with a wealth of independent shops, pubs and restaurants including a family butchers. Enjoy a good browse in The Coldstream Gallery where you can find a variety of ceramics, art and jewellery, finding the perfect keepsake of a memorable holiday.
- In close proximity is the historical, market town of Kelso with its large, cobbled market square hosting a diverse selection of shops and restaurants, or the ancient walled town of Berwick-upon-Tweed, where you can gaze at the beautiful views across the River Tweed estuary.
- This lovely location provides easy access for exploring some renowned Northumberland attractions such as one of the largest inhabited castles, Bamburgh Castle, Lindisfarne Castle, Floors Castles and the spectacular Alnwick Gardens and Castle.
- Stroll along the local beaches which are quiet and unspoilt. There is Bamburgh beach (no lifeguard cover) where you may even be able to spot a seal or Beadnell beach with a host of activities.
- For the sports enthusiasts, it is perfect for a golf break, with 18 hole golf courses at Berwick-upon-Tweed, Coldstream and Kelso or try salmon fishing on the Rivers Tweed and Till (can be arranged).
- There are also some wonderful walks, including the Northumberland Coastal Path which is 64 miles in length. Walking north, it begins in Cresswell at the southern end of Druridge Bay and ends in Berwick-upon-Tweed.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Tennis Court
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Cornhill-on-Tweed area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Coldstream Museum - 1.1 miles (Museum)
The Hirsel Estate & Homestead Museum - 1.9 miles (Countryside)
Flodden Battlefield Site - 2.4 miles (Countryside)
Crookham Peace Garden - 3.5 miles (Garden)
Etal Castle - 4 miles (Castle)
Etal, St Mary's Chapel - 4.2 miles (Historic Church)
Heatherslaw Light Railway - 4.5 miles (Family Attraction)
Heatherslaw Mill - 4.6 miles (Historic Building)
Ladykirk, St Mary's Church - 4.9 miles (Historic Church)
Duddo Stone Circle - 5.1 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.