Self Catering in Norfolk - Burlingham
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £995.00
Surrounded by open countryside, this linked barn has a contemporary feel and wonderful views. It is in Burlingham Green, ideally placed for exploring the Broads and the North Norfolk coast and the ancient cathedral city of Norwich.
Surrounded by open countryside, on the edge of the picturesque Norfolk Broads, Thatch Barn is ideally and centrally placed for exploring the unique broads and rivers, the North Norfolk coast and the ancient cathedral city of Norwich.
This linked barn is approached by a shared drive and offers wonderful views. Providing a modern contemporary feel, whilst retaining many of its original features such as the exposed beams and open brickwork, the barn is light and spacious with french doors from both the sitting room and some of the bedrooms leading out to the garden.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms (ground floor).
- Three bathrooms with showers (ground floor).
- Enclosed garden.
- Parking for up to four vehicles.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Children over 6 years are welcome.
- Minimum of a four night stay.
- Spacious vaulted open plan barn, with thatched roof.
- Light and spacious with numerous french doors leading out to the garden.
- Exposed beams and brickwork.
- For access Norwich a mainline rail services to London Liverpool Street (1 hour 40 minutes) and the Midlands..
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Flatscreen TV with basic Sky package, DVD and CD player, Bose entertainment system.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The small village of South Walsham is only two miles away and boasts two pubs, a post office and store as well as the magical Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden where you can enjoy ample, wonderful walks.
- A little further and you will discover the thriving village of Acle (three miles), sometimes known as âThe Gateway to The Broadsâ due to the River Byre flowing out to the coast in one direction and to the Broads in the other. Here you will be able to find all your necessary amenities.
- Within close proximity you can go and explore the cathedral city of Norwich (eight miles) with its Norman castle and lively bars and restaurants. This vibrant city has a wealth of places to visit and often you will discover a festival of some sort occurring within the heart of the city.
- If you would prefer something more active and are craving the sea air, the beautiful beaches of the North Norfolk coast are 30 miles away. However, slightly closer to home you can visit the nearest broad with its waterway and boating. Otherwise there are an abundance of activities to try on the lakes, such as rowing, canoeing, kayaking and water zorbing.
- Slightly further afield (30 to 70 minutes) there are a wealth of stunning gardens and spectacular homes to admire. This includes Holkham Hall, Oxburgh Hall, Castle Rising, Raveningham Gardens, Mannington Gardens and Walsingham Abbey and Grounds to name but a few.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Enclosed Garden
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Burlingham area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Hemblington, All Saints Church - 1 miles (Historic Church)
South Walsham, St Mary's Church - 1.6 miles (Historic Church)
South Walsham, St Lawrence Church - 1.6 miles (Historic Church)
Fairhaven Garden - 1.7 miles (Garden)
Panxworth Church Tower - 2.1 miles (Historic Church)
Ranworth, St Helen's Church - 2.6 miles (Historic Church)
Buckenham, St Nicholas Church - 3.2 miles (Historic Church)
St Benet's Abbey - 3.3 miles (Abbey)
Moulton, St Mary's Church - 3.4 miles (Historic Church)
Horning, St Benedict's Church - 3.7 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.