Self Catering in Cambridgeshire - Kingston
Kingston Barn 3
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £402.00
Barn 3 is one of four barn conversions set in an idyllic rural location in easy distance of historic Cambridge. Whether it's a peaceful retreat you're seeking or a high spec bolthole from which to visit the city's cultural highlights, Barn 3 is the perfect place to stay.
Kingston Barn 3 forms part of an intriguing luxury barn conversion situated on the edge of the peaceful village of Kingston just 9 miles from the historic City of Cambridge. Tastefully decorated and furnished with contemporary style throughout, the barn effortlessly accommodates four adults. There is underfloor heating throughout, with the added benefit of a downstairs wet room and boot room, which is perfect for four legged friends. A fully fitted kitchen, complete with all appliances, blends seamlessly into the dining and living area.
With vast sliding doors lead directly onto the spacious orangery which is shared with Barns 1, 2 & 4 and onto the outdoor entertaining area which opens out beyond. You can light the fire pit, sit and relax on the garden furniture and watch amazing sunsets. If you prefer to be active then there are a selection of outdoor games for you to choose from including Boule, Kubb, Petanque and badminton equipment or wander around the landscaped gardens and well-stocked herb and soft fruit garden.
Kingston is a small village surrounded by open countryside a few miles south west of Cambridge. The village has a church and village hall: the closest shop is 1 1/2 miles away in Toft. Within two miles is the Bourn Golf Glub and Leisure Centre and the village of Bourn with a small shop and a butchers. The Stove farm cafe offers a wide range of light breakfasts, lunches and freshly baked cakes. Also in Bourn is the Willow Tree pub and Lalbagh Indian restaurant. Kingston Barns is situated within easy reach of most of most of the major routes through Cambridgeshire. There is a daily bus service from Kingston to Cambridge and the nearest train station is in the village of Shepreth, with trains to Cambridge and London. Individual barns are only available to book between Monday and Thursday outside of peak season.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two double bedrooms with king size beds (one of which can be configured as 2'6 twin beds).
- Two en suites with wet room showers.
- Ground floor shower room.
- Landscaped gardens with plentiful seating areas.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge)
- This barn is only available to book Monday to Thursday during certain times of the year.
- Minimum two night stay, maximum four night stay.
- Oven, induction hob, microwave.
- Dishwasher, fridge freezer.
- 48" flat screen television.
- Travel Cot (small additional charge applies) and high chair available on request (no stairgate due to design of stairs).
- Access to a shared orangery, the length of the ground floor.
- Access to a shared laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Garden furniture.
- African inspired fire pit.**
- Petanque court with Badminton equipment.**
- Boule, Kubb and bicycles.**
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Kingston area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Kingston, All Saints and St Andrew - 0.2 miles (Historic Church)
Wimpole Hall - 2.7 miles (Historic House)
Barton, St Peter's Church - 4 miles (Historic Church)
American War Cemetery - 4.6 miles (Historic Building)
Trumpington, St Mary & St Michael - 6.2 miles (Historic Church)
Queens' College - 6.6 miles (Historic Building)
St Catharines College - 6.7 miles (Historic Building)
Clare College - 6.7 miles (Historic Building)
Trinity Hall - 6.7 miles (Historic Building)
St Bene't's (St Benedicts), Cambridge - 6.7 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.