Self Catering in Wiltshire - East Knoyle
Sleeps a maximum of: 12
Pricing From: £1173.00
Quietly situated in a small hamlet, this south facing modern country manor offers light spacious and comfortable accommodation for guests to relax and enjoy. In an area of natural beauty, the secluded house nestles in its own five acre meadow.
Off a quiet country lane in an elevated woodland setting with panoramic stunning views for 15 miles over the Dorset rolling hills and vales, with hardly a house in sight. Indulge yourself with family and friends and enjoy a millionaire lifestyle for a special celebration or holiday treat. Extensive patios overlook the meadow with summer garden furniture providing outside dining for twelve with gas barbecue.
A south facing balcony running the length of the home provides additional dining for smaller groups of six or for just admiring the views with a gin and tonic as the sun sets! Horses occasionally graze the meadow and wild deer, foxes, badgers, wood peckers and hawks are frequent visitors. Numerous circular footpaths in the wooded hills can be accessed from the meadow, and the community shop in the next village and the local Fox and Hounds pub renowned for its food are both walkable in 15 minutes. Numerous attractions in the area include Longleat Safari Park approximately 15 minutes away, cultural cities of Bath (Spa Baths) and Salisbury (Cathedral and Magna Carta) to name a few.
Being just 2 hours from London and the Midlands and five minutes from the A303, Underwood House is the perfect location to explore the sights and attractions in the area.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps twelve guests.
- Six bedrooms, three of which have en-suite bathrooms.
- Open log fire.
- Terraced garden backing onto a meadow and the balcony.
- Ample parking.
- Parents be aware, children may need supervision in certain areas of the property, in particular the terraced garden backing onto a meadow and the balcony. Please note that all patio doors are lockable for children's safety.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Limestone floors.
- Double oven electric range, microwave, American fridge freezer with ice dispenser.
- Larder fridge and drinks cooler.
- Dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- 48 inch HD TV in sitting room with open log fire, 48 inch HD TV in drawing room.
- CD and DVD players.
- Selection of books and dvds are available for guests to use during their stay.
- Travel cot available on request (please bring your own cot bedding).
- Sleeps: 12
- Bedrooms: 6
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the East Knoyle area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
East Knoyle, St Mary's Church - 0.7 miles (Historic Church)
Berwick St Leonard Church - 3.7 miles (Historic Church)
Mere, St Michael's Church - 3.7 miles (Historic Church)
Kingston Deverill, St Mary's Church - 4.2 miles (Historic Church)
Shaftesbury, St Peter's Church - 4.9 miles (Historic Church)
Gold Hill Museum - 4.9 miles (Museum)
Brixton Deverill, St Michael's Church - 4.9 miles (Historic Church)
Shaftesbury Abbey Museum and Garden - 4.9 miles (Abbey)
Old Wardour Castle - 5.1 miles (Castle)
Stourhead - 5.9 miles (Garden)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.