Self Catering in Gloucestershire - Chipping Campden
Areas: Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £381.00
This attractive 18th century Grade II listed Cotswold stone cottage offers many traditional features including an inglenook fireplace, beams and window seats. It is situated in the unspoilt, charming village of Ebrington, close to beautiful countryside.
Situated in the picturesque heart of the beautiful village of Ebrington (as featured in Penelope Keith's 'Hidden Villages'), Harrowby End is a cosy Grade II listed, Cotswold stone, thatched cottage. Character features include beams, an inglenook fireplace, wood burning stove and window seats with views of the village and the enclosed rear garden.
The village is home to The Ebrington Arms, voted Village Pub of the Year by the Sunday Times 2017, serving great food and it's own beers which CAMRA voted best newcomer 2017 (after 5 years of making their own beer!).
Ebrington is also home to Vegetable Matters, a brilliant new store selling local vegetables and a whole range of other quality foods, as well as being a destination for a whole range of breakfasts, light lunches and teas and coffees.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms.
- One bathroom.
- Inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove.
- Pretty enclosed rear garden (three steps up to the lawned area) with patio and garden furniture.
- There are quite steep steps with no handrails to access the front of the cottage. Please be aware this may be tricky for guests with mobility difficulties and toddlers.
- Two dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- On-street parking.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Thatched roof.
- Low beams.
- Limestone walls and several traditional latch doors.
- Ebrington lies in a conservation area.
- Celebration hamper available.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, wine cooler, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- Smart TV, DVD, Micro hi-fi with iPod dock, Payphone.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The excellent Ebrington Arms is just a minute from the doorstep, whereas a little further afield the gardens of Hidcote and Kiftsgate are a bracing walk over Ebrington Hill.
- There are a number of walks direct from the cottage, some of which offer breath-taking views of four counties.
- Harrowby End is only a mile or two off The Romantic Road, two miles from Chipping Campden and the wealth of attractions the North Cotswolds has to offer, Broadway, Broadway Tower, Dovers Hill, Bourton On The Water, Stow on the Wold and The Slaughters are all nearby.
- A little further afield are Cheltenham, Evesham and Stratford Upon Avon.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Chipping Campden area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Ebrington, St Eadburgha's Church - 0.1 miles (Historic Church)
Hidcote Manor Gardens - 1.8 miles (Garden)
Chipping Campden, St James Church - 1.9 miles (Historic Church)
Kiftsgate Court Gardens - 2 miles (Garden)
Chipping Campden Market Hall - 2.1 miles (Historic Building)
Ilmington, St Mary's Church - 2.6 miles (Historic Church)
Mill Dene Garden - 3.5 miles (Garden)
Batsford Arboretum - 3.9 miles (Garden)
Saintbury, St Nicholas Church - 4.2 miles (Historic Church)
Bourton House Garden - 4.7 miles (Garden)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.