Self Catering in Dorset - Beaminster
Rampisham Hill Farm Barn
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £465.00
This light, airy barn, situated on a working sheep farm, has been converted to a very high standard. It is just outside the pretty village of Hooke and a short drive away from the small town of Beaminster and the beaches and cliffs of Dorset's Jurassic Coast.
Rampisham Hill Farm Barn is a light and airy barn that has been converted to a very high standard. The property is located in Thomas Hardy country in the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, just outside the pretty village of Hooke and a short drive away from the small town of Beaminster and the beaches and cliffs of Dorset's Jurassic Coast.
There are excellent walks and cycle rides across the West Dorset countryside directly from the property, with the Iron Age Fort of Eggardon Hill and the nature reserves of Kingcombe and Powerstock Common all nearby, along with many other historic towns and villages. The barn is located on a working sheep farm and guests are welcome to meet and help look after the animals.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three zip and link bedrooms, one wet room, one en-suite bathroom and one en-suite shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Enclosed, lawned area with south facing patio, safe for children.
- Parking for six vehicles.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Sorry, no fireworks due to nearby livestock.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Underfloor heating provided by an air-source heat pump and solar panels.
- Limestone flagstones throughout ground floor.
- All beds can be either 6' superking or 3' single twins on request.
- Solid wood kitchen units with granite work surfaces.
- Large electric Rangemaster range cooker with two ovens, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- Travel cot, highchair and two stair gates available on request.
- TV/DVD in all rooms.
- Wooden garden furniture and barbecue.
- Fresh eggs are always available from the farm and fresh lamb, pork and vegetables are sometimes available.
- A secure barn is available for guests use if they wish to bring bicycles or push chairs.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Beaminster area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Mapperton Gardens - 2.3 miles (Garden)
Mapperton, All Saints Church - 2.3 miles (Historic Church)
Toller Porcorum, St Andrew & St Peter Church - 2.4 miles (Historic Church)
Toller Fratrum, St Basil's Church - 3.4 miles (Historic Church)
Beaminster, St Mary's Church - 3.7 miles (Historic Church)
Melplash, Christ Church - 4 miles (Historic Church)
Stockwood, St Edwold Church - 4.9 miles (Historic Church)
Bothenhampton, Holy Trinity Old Church - 7.1 miles (Historic Church)
Winterbourne Poor Lot Barrows - 7.2 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Minterne Magna, St Andrew's Church - 7.8 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.