Self Catering in Herefordshire - Hoarwithy
2 The Oaks
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £343.00
This beautiful 19th century sandstone cottage is in a peaceful location between Hereford and Ross-on Wye, both seven miles away. The cottage is one mile from the village of Hoarwithy which has an excellent pub right on the River Wye.
2 The Oaks is a beautiful 19th century semi-detached sandstone cottage, situated in a very quiet rural location between Hereford and Ross-on-Wye, both seven miles away. The cottage is a mile from the village of Hoarwithy which has a brilliant local pub, The New Harp Inn, situated next to the River Wye, which serves excellent food and local beers and also houses a small convenience shop.
This is a wonderful walking location with direct access to footpaths from the garden. Cycling can also be enjoyed by following the many bridleways and tracks in the area.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms and one bathroom.
- Wood burning stove with slate hearth.
- Fully enclosed, large garden with patio.
- Onsite parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- Exposed elm beams throughout.
- Oak floor on the ground floor.
- Underfloor heating in the kitchen.
- Electric oven with halogen hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Large flatscreen television, DVD/CD player, DAB radio.
- Baby in own cot welcome. Highchair provided.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Landline telephone, accepting incoming calls.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Monmouth lies 15 miles to the south with its wonderful castles.
- Just over the border the Brecon Beacons await.
- To the North West (50 minutes' drive) is the border town of Hay-on-Wye, famous for its Literature and Arts festival.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Hoarwithy area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Hoarwithy, St Catherine Church - 0.1 miles (Historic Church)
Hentland, St Dubricius Church - 1.9 miles (Historic Church)
Little Birch, St Mary's Church - 2.5 miles (Historic Church)
Michaelchurch, St Michaels church - 2.9 miles (Historic Church)
Foy, St Mary's Church - 3.2 miles (Historic Church)
Holme Lacy Church - 3.6 miles (Historic Church)
Fownhope, St Mary's Church - 3.7 miles (Historic Church)
Shipley Gardens - 4 miles (Garden)
How Caple Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Wilton Castle - 4.1 miles (Castle)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.