Self Catering in Wiltshire - Milton Lilbourne
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £402.00
Stable Cottage offers ground floor accommodation in the lovely village of Milton Lilbourne in the heart of rural Wiltshire. The village is a no through road so it is extremely peaceful. Bath is 35 miles, just over an hour away.
Stable Cottage is detached and offers ground floor accommodation in the lovely village of Milton Lilbourne in the unspoilt heart of Wiltshire, just an hour from London airport. The village is a no through road and the cottage is situated almost at the far end, so it is extremely peaceful. There are wonderful walks and off road cycling from the front door.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite shower room and one en-suite bathroom with shower.
- The accommodation is all on the ground floor.
- There is a small grassed area for sitting out but please note, this area is not enclosed.
- Children over five years are welcome.
- One well-behaved dog welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- To the rear you look out onto sheep in the paddock and on the other side there is a stable yard with horses.
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher.
- Television, DVD player.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- There are many pubs offering food in surrounding villages and the nearby village of Pewsey has a selection of shops including a supermarket.
- There is a railway station in Pewsey which takes you to London in approximately one hour.
- The Vale of Pewsey, well known for its natural beauty, is just below the downs of Salisbury Plain and next to Savernake Forest with its abundance of wildlife and nature trails.
- A short drive away is the market town of Marlborough which benefits from an 18 hole golf course dating back to 1888. Every Wednesday and Saturday the high street hosts a market where you will be able to find anything from locally produced meat and vegetables to plants, pottery and pashmina's. The town, located in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty has a wealth of shops, restaurants and pubs. Do make time for tea in Polly's Tea Rooms.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Dog Friendly
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- My Personal Sanctuary Spa
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Milton Lilbourne area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Everleigh, St Peter's Church - 4 miles (Historic Church)
East Grafton, St Nicholas Church - 4.2 miles (Historic Church)
Alton Barnes, St Mary's Church - 5.2 miles (Historic Church)
Alton Priors, All Saints - 5.2 miles (Historic Church)
Alton Priors White Horse - 5.3 miles (Prehistoric Site)
The Merchant's House Marlborough - 5.4 miles (Historic Building)
Great Bedwyn, St Mary's Church - 6 miles (Historic Church)
Hatfield Earthworks (Marden Henge) - 6.3 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Chisbury Camp - 6.4 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Avebury Sanctuary - 6.5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.