Self Catering in Devon - Tawstock
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £1033.00
This Grade II listed bailey castle with parts dating from the 18th century stands on a hilltop with wonderful views of Devon through 360 degrees. It sits in approximately eight acres of its own parkland, conveniently close to Barnstaple.
Discover the delights of North Devon from this truly unique holiday home. Tawstock Castle, a Grade II listed bailey castle with original parts dating to the 18th Century, is a luxury self catering holiday retreat which stands proudly on a rounded hill top with wonderful views of Devon through 360 degrees, from Saunton Burrows and the sea to the north west and overlooking the open countryside of the Taw valley to the south and east.
Tawstock Castle is situated in open countryside and yet is conveniently close to all the facilities of the Devonshire market town of Barnstaple. The holiday retreat is immediately surrounded by lawned gardens of about an acre that are enclosed by a circular bailey. It sits in approximately eight acres of its own parkland.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms (two circular), two en-suite bathrooms and one shower room on the ground floor.
- Wood burning fire.
- Wonderfully private castellated roof terrace.
- Secure enclosed gardens with electric entry gates.
- Ample parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- The two tower bedrooms are not suitable for children under twelve years old or guests with mobility difficulties.
- Please ensure children are supervised at all times on the roof terrace and tower lookout.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- 35' reception room with ornate panelled ceiling and turrets to the corners.
- Microwave, fridge/freezer, drinks fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Plasma 42 inch Freesat HD TV, DVD player. TV with Playstation 3.
- CD and radio with iPod dock.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- Garden furniture and barbecue (April to September).
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Within easy reach of a beach.
- Excellent, ample walks from the cottage and nearby to the famous Tarka Trail.
- Visit Exmoor National Park with its spectacular scenery and enjoy peaceful walks over the moors where you may catch sight of the wild Exmoor ponies.
- For the sporting enthusiasts there are ample activities to try such as kayaking, fishing, riding or rock pooling to name but a few.
- Spend time on the famous sandy surfing beaches of Saunton, Woolacombe and Croyde, and investigating the dramatic coastline from the coastal footpath.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Tawstock area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Swimbridge, St James Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Cobbaton Combat Collection - 4.2 miles (Museum)
Marwood, St Michael's Church - 4.8 miles (Historic Church)
Marwood Hill - 4.8 miles (Garden)
Tapeley Park - 4.8 miles (Historic House)
Atherington, St Mary's Church - 4.8 miles (Historic Church)
Chittlehampton, St Hieritha's Church - 5.7 miles (Historic Church)
Braunton, St Brannock's Church - 6 miles (Historic Church)
Warkleigh, St John the Evangelist Church - 6.9 miles (Historic Church)
Castle Hill Gardens - 7.3 miles (Garden)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.