Self Catering in Devon - Honiton
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £357.00
This delightful property has a large open plan kitchen/dining and sitting room with wood burning stove. Features include oil-fired underfloor heating on ground floor, wood burning stove and electric double oven. It has a fully enclosed garden.
Hunters Moon is a semi-detached holiday property adjacent to Harvest Moon near Feniton, Devon. These holiday properties have been beautifully converted from a 400-year-old threshing barn, situated on a quiet, semi-working farm in the tiny hamlet of Curscombe. Surrounded by picturesque fields, Harvest Moon is in an ideal location for an outdoor break in Devon, where you can walk your dog, paddle in the stream or have a picnic. There are wonderful views, abundant birdlife, and wildlife including foxes, deer, badgers and hares are often spotted.
The self catering accommodation is separate and private and each holiday cottage has its own private garden with dog-proof fencing.
Hunters Moon and Harvest Moon can be booked as a combination - please click here for details.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms
- One en-suite bathroom with shower over bath and one en-suite shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Fully enclosed garden.
- Parking for two vehicles.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge), kept to the ground floor please.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Oil-fired underfloor heating on ground floor.
- Electric double oven with ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher.
- Washing machine, tumble dryer.
- TV with Sky basic package, DVD and CD player.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The village of Fenition, just one mile away down a country lane, has a post office and church.
- The market town and antique centre of Honiton is only four miles away, boasting a variety of small independent shops along with the usual facilities.
- The nearest pub has a large beer garden bordered by the River Otter, sells good food and is just three miles away.
- The nearest beach at Sidmouth is just 10 miles away, with many other beaches within easy driving reach.
- For fossil enthusiasts, the World Heritage Site of the Jurassic Coast is a 30 minute drive away.
- There are many attractions in the area, with Exeter, Dartmoor, Exmoor and both coasts within easy reach for a day out.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Honiton area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Gittisham, St Michael's Church - 2.2 miles (Historic Church)
Broadhembury, St Andrew's Church - 2.3 miles (Historic Church)
Escot Park & Gardens - 2.4 miles (Garden)
Wolford Chapel - 3 miles (Historic Church)
Allhallows Museum of Lace and Local Antiquities - 3.2 miles (Museum)
Honiton, St Paul's Church - 3.2 miles (Historic Church)
Cadhay - 3.3 miles (Historic House)
Ottery St Mary Church - 3.6 miles (Historic Church)
Plymtree, St John the Baptist Church - 3.9 miles (Historic Church)
Farway, St Michael & All Angels Church - 4.7 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.