Self Catering in Norfolk - Hackford
Pillar Box House
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £797.00
Pillar Box House is a timber-framed property tucked away in the hamlet of Hackford, in the mid Norfolk countryside. With a characterful wood beamed living area and inglenook fireplace, the property also has its own hot tub in the secluded cottage garden.
Pillar Box House is a large, three-storey pink house named after the red post box in one of its walls, adding a unique touch of character to the property. With a commanding reception hall and timbered ceilings throughout, the property is furnished to a high standard.
The kitchen and dining area are particularly well equipped and have a wood burning stove, ideal for enjoying a quiet and cosy night in during the colder months. The beamed living room is a mix of period features and modern amenities, with an inglenook fireplace as well as Sky TV. There are two further televisions, one in the library snug and one in the master suite, which occupies the whole of the top floor.
Outside the property is a fully enclosed garden as well as a lawned area. A hot tub in the garden is the ideal way to relax after a day spent exploring the area and enjoying the local sights. The water is changed before the arrival of each guest, so it may be a little cooler than normal if you want to take the plunge as soon as you arrive.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Master bedroom with king size bed and en-suite.
- Two double bedrooms and one twin bedroom..
- Family bathroom.
- Private enclosed garden and patio.
- Hot tub.
- A spa by car mobile beauty, pamper party service by Perfect Pamper 10% off beauty treatments for Pillar Box House guests.
- Dining experiences and an afternoon tea can also be available to book during your stay. (see Notes).
- Parking for three cars.
- Children and infants (in own travel cots) welcome.
- Three well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Electric range cooker, microwave.
- Washing machine.
- Dishwasher, fridge/freezer.
- Coffee percolator, food processor and hand blender.
- Three televisions, one with FreeView, one with Sky TV and one with Apple TV.
- DVD and Blu-ray player.
- iPod docking station and digital radio.
- Stair gates available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- One Dog
- Three Dogs
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Spa facilities (on/off site)
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Hackford area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Coston, St Michael's Church - 2.3 miles (Historic Church)
Wymondham Abbey - 3 miles (Abbey)
Wymondham Heritage Museum - 3.3 miles (Museum)
New Buckenham Castle - 7.7 miles (Castle)
Breckles, St Margarets Church - 8.3 miles (Historic Church)
Thompson, St Martin's Church - 8.8 miles (Historic Church)
East Bradenham, St Mary's Church - 8.9 miles (Historic Church)
Venta Icenorum - 10.5 miles (Roman Site)
Norwich Catholic Cathedral - 10.7 miles (Cathedral)
East Harling, St Peter & St Paul's Church - 10.8 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.