Self Catering in Dorset - Salway Ash
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £602.00
Grooms Cottage is delightfully situated within the 42 acres surrounding 'Limbury,' a glorious 17th century Grade II listed farmhouse half a mile from the hamlet of Salway Ash which is approximately two miles from the market town of Bridport and five miles from the beautiful beaches of the West Dorset Heritage Coast.
The cottage features a stunning floor to ceiling glass and green oak extension at ground and first floor levels affording spectacular views across the surrounding countryside and the Marshwood Vale. It is quietly situated at the end of a long drive and the grounds are as featured in the award-winning British film Tamara Drewe!
Within the grounds of the farm there is a large unfenced pond (approximately 200 yards away). The garden to the cottage is only partly fenced and children must be supervised at all times.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and one family shower room.
- Open fire.
- Private, secluded garden with a large terrace.
- Ample onsite parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Parents of small children, please be aware of an unfenced pond within the grounds of the farm and supervise any children.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Underfloor heating to the ground floor and bathrooms.
- Electric double oven, ceramic hob, separate combination oven/microwave, American-style fridge freezer with integrated ice maker, dishwasher.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in the utility room.
- Bose music system, 42' flat screen television. DVD recorder. TV in the master suite.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- Garden furniture and barbecue available.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- There is a farm shop within half a mile.
- The market town of Bridport is nearby with its twice weekly markets, restaurants, supermarkets and a great array of produce.
- Bridport is also the gateway to the Jurassic Coast, a World Heritage Site.
- In close proximity to the town of Beaminster, with good shops and restaurants.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Baby Welcome
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Salway Ash area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Bothenhampton, Holy Trinity Old Church - 0.9 miles (Historic Church)
Melplash, Christ Church - 3.1 miles (Historic Church)
Whitchurch Canonicorum, St Candida & Holy Cross Church - 4.6 miles (Historic Church)
Mapperton Gardens - 4.8 miles (Garden)
Mapperton, All Saints Church - 4.8 miles (Historic Church)
Beaminster, St Mary's Church - 5.2 miles (Historic Church)
Jurassic Coast - 6.2 miles (Countryside)
Toller Porcorum, St Andrew & St Peter Church - 6.7 miles (Historic Church)
Abbotsbury Castle - 6.8 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Abbotsbury Gardens - 7.5 miles (Garden)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.