Self Catering in Gloucestershire - Windrush
Areas: Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
Sleeps a maximum of: 3
Pricing From: £402.00
This 300-year-old Cotswold stone cottage in the unspoilt village of Windrush is surrounded by National Trust land, with numerous walks leading to water meadows and idyllic villages. Wildlife is abundant. The perfect cottage to relax and unwind.
Jasmine Cottage is a beautiful 300-year-old Cotswold stone cottage nestled in the quiet, unspoilt village of Windrush. Surrounded by National Trust land, there are numerous walks in the stunning Windrush valley leading to water meadows and idyllic villages. Wildlife and birds are abundant and you will often see foxes, badgers, hares, deer and many beautiful species of birds and wildflowers.
It is a perfect cottage to relax by the fire and unwind. Your home-away-from-home is equipped to make your stay as relaxed as possible with antique furniture, designer sofas, a claw bath and comfortable beds. This is the perfect cottage to escape from the pressures of the world without having to climb into a car.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps three guests.
- Two bedrooms and one bathroom.
- Stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove.
- Garden to the rear with a 5' drop shielded by a hedge.
- One small well-behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge).
- A guest bed is available at a cost of £23.
- Shared roadside parking.
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Hand built, painted kitchen.
- Exposed beams, window seats, flagstone floors in the hall, and wooden floors in the bedrooms.
- Babysitting by arrangement.
- A selection of videos, board games, jigsaws and a good variety of books are available.
- Electric double oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine.
- Flatscreen HD TV, DVD and a selection of DVDs. Bose iPod docking system.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The National Trust village of Sherborne is a two mile ramble along the valley. The charming Sherborne Village Shop and Tearooms serve excellent breakfasts, lunches and delicious homemade cakes.
The deli is exceptional and you can find an amazing selection of goodies for your larder.
- Other quintessential Cotswold villages are Bibury, with the world renowned Arlington Row; Coln St Aldwyns; Hatherop; Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton-on-the-Water, all within the local area. Slightly further afield you will discover the towns of Bath and Stratford-upon-Avon, both an hour's drive.
- A few miles away you will find the pretty, medieval town of Burford where every little alleyway and side street hides an interesting shop, boutique or restaurant. If you desire culture and shopping, Oxford and Cheltenham are approximately 20 miles away.
- Sleeps: 3
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Windrush area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Little Barrington, St Peter's Church - 1 miles (Historic Church)
Great Barrington, St Mary's Church - 1.1 miles (Historic Church)
Taynton, St John the Evangelist - 2.6 miles (Historic Church)
Great Rissington, St John the Baptist - 2.8 miles (Historic Church)
Lodge Park - 2.9 miles (Historic House)
Burford, St John the Baptist - 3.8 miles (Historic Church)
Cotswold Wildlife Park and Manor House - 4.2 miles (Garden)
Salmonsbury Camp - 4.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Eastleach Turville, St Andrew's Church - 4.9 miles (Historic Church)
Northleach, St Peter and St Paul - 5 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.