Self Catering in Lincolnshire - Stamford
The Dairy at Burghley (14 guests)
Sleeps a maximum of: 14
Pricing From: £2050.00
The Dairy sits on the Burghley Estate in the heart of Capability Brown parkland, landscaped during the 1760s. After careful restoration, this historic building has been transformed into beautiful holiday accommodation with all the luxurious comforts of modern life provided within a timeless and Arcadian setting.
The Dairy is comprised of two wings named Cecil Cottage and Exeter Cottage, making it ideal for a group of friends, family reunions and all manner of celebrations including wedding parties. Wherever possible, original features from the dairy have been kept and reused along with the introduction of some antique paintings, prints and furniture from the collections at Burghley House. Award-winning interior designer, Thomas Hamel, has created spectacular dining and living spaces enjoying open fires and wonderful views.
Every room has the advantage of an en-suite bathroom with deep bath tubs and walk-in showers. There is space for your dogs and an enclosed garden. The Dairy is within walking distance of Burghley House which offers a full calendar of events and facilities.
These include concerts, country fairs and food markets, car rallies, the Burghley Film festival and the world class Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials. The Orangery Restaurant, is open most days from mid-January to Christmas and while the park around the House is accessible all year during daylight hours, the House and Gardens can be enjoyed from mid-March until November. Guests at the Dairy will have privileged access through the park and be able to walk down the 18th Century drive known as 'Capability's Cutting' to the beautiful Lion Bridge and across the lake, one of Brown's most iconic landscape features.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 14 guests with the option of a sleeps 12 and sleeps 20
- Seven bedrooms, six with double or twin beds and en-suite facilities.
- Front and rear gardens.
- Access to the Burghley Estate's Capability Brown landscaped grounds and parkland.
- Parking for ten vehicles.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum stay of three nights.
- Extraordinary views of Burghley House and its surrounding parkland.
- Two open fires and wood burning stove.
- French windows leading from Exeter to an enclosed garden.
- Two open plan kitchen and living areas.
- Dining table seating 20 guests can be set up in the Exeter dining area.
- Two gas hob and ovens, three fridge/freezers, three dishwashers and two microwaves.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Three televisions with Freeview and Satellite channels, Netflix and Amazon Prime.
- A selection of books and board games are available for guests to use during their stay.
- Two highchairs and two cots.
- All-weather rattan garden furniture.
- Sleeps: 14
- Bedrooms: 7
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Spa facilities (on/off site)
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Stamford area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Burghley House - 0.4 miles (Historic House)
Stamford, St Martin's Church - 1.1 miles (Historic Church)
Stamford, St Mary's Church - 1.2 miles (Historic Church)
Stamford Castle - 1.3 miles (Castle)
Stamford, St John's Church - 1.3 miles (Historic Church)
Browne's Hospital - 1.4 miles (Historic Building)
Stamford, All Saints Church - 1.4 miles (Historic Church)
Priest's House - 2.2 miles (Historic Building)
Tickencote, St Peter's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Prebendal Manor - 6 miles (Historic House)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.