Self Catering in Yorkshire - Whitby
Areas: North York Moors, Yorkshire
Sleeps a maximum of: 10
Pricing From: £886.00
This detached farmhouse in the heart of the North Yorkshire Moors has stunning views of the sea and Whitby. The village of Sleights is 2 miles away. The Yorkshire Esk, approximately 2 miles away, offers sea trout and salmon fishing.
Hillside Farm is a detached farmhouse set in beautiful countryside in the heart of the North York Moors National Park with stunning views of the sea and Whitby a few miles away. It acts as the lodge of an actively managed moorland estate. The property is two miles from Sleights where there is a pub and hotel (both of which serve food), a fish and chip restaurant, a very good butcher/delicatessen, general store (usually open until 10pm) and local bakers.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Ground floor double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Four first floor bedrooms, one with en-suite bathroom and a further family bathroom (no shower).
- Two wood burning stoves.
- Two tier garden with steps leading up to the lawned area.
- Ample parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- The access to the property is quite steep and may not be suitable for low slung sports vehicles.
- Children are welcome at the property.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- A detached farmhouse set in heart of the North York Moors National Park.
- Stunning views of the sea and Whitby.
- Exposed beams.
- In close to proximity to a beach.
- Aga, electric hob and combination microwave/oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, tumble dryer, washing machine.
- Two large flat screen televisions with Sky package, DVD player, CD player.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- Outside seating.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Whitby area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Fylingdales, St Stephen's Old Church - 3.8 miles (Historic Church)
Whitby Abbey - 4 miles (Abbey)
Wheeldale Roman Road - 6.4 miles (Roman Site)
Cawthorn Roman Camps - 11.2 miles (Roman Site)
North York Moors National Park - 11.8 miles (Countryside)
Lastingham, St Mary's Church - 13.1 miles (Historic Church)
Pickering Castle - 13.9 miles (Castle)
North Yorkshire Moors Railway - 14 miles (Museum)
Pickering Church - 14 miles (Historic Church)
Beck Isle Museum - 14 miles (Museum)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.