Self Catering in Dorset - Wootton Fitzpaine
nr Lyme Regis
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £228.00
Sleeping up eight guests, Champernhayes Farmhouse is one of six charming 15th Century restored farm buildings situated on the gentle slope of a West Dorset hillside, a real Jurassic Park. Awarded 5 stars by Visit Britain.
This impressive stone farmhouse was once part of the original, prosperous farm that was built to provide food for the local community and small mediaeval monastery. It is tastefully decorated and recently refurbished to offer a combination of modern boutique and medieval charm. The sitting room has its original 15th Century flagstone flooring and 12 inch thick walls built from original wattle and daub construction, having lasted over 650 years!
One of six properties on the estate, we also offer Champernhayes Barn sleeping up to 10 guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms.
- Three en-suites and one ground floor bathroom.
- Wood burning stove and bread oven.
- Indoor Jacuzzi and swim spa (private use with arranged time slots).
- Enclosed garden/patio plus communal garden with pond.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog), to be kept on the lead please due to sheep or guests who are wary of dogs.
- On-site parking.
- A small shop is available on-site selling local products and quality gifts.
- Arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Monday for a minimum of a three night stay.
- French windows from kitchen open onto private garden/patio with views of the valley.
- Woodland walks surrounding the area with a beauty meadow and stream.
- Large Inglenook fireplace.
- Original wattle & daub walls.
- Original flagstone floor.
- Seating area within garden with gas barbecue (gas supplied).
- Games room with a selection of books, board games and DVDs.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Exposed beams.
- Flat screen TV and DVD player, Bose stereo.
- Hand built modern oak and granite topped kitchen, well equipped with oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and freezer.
- Secured access to the jacuzzi area (pin code on door), please supervise children at all times and bring your own pool towels.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
- Swimming Pool
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Wootton Fitzpaine area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Monkton Wyld, St Andrew's Church - 1 miles (Historic Church)
Jurassic Coast - 1.9 miles (Countryside)
Whitchurch Canonicorum, St Candida & Holy Cross Church - 2.7 miles (Historic Church)
Axminster Heritage Centre - 3.7 miles (Museum)
Forde Abbey - 4.9 miles (Historic House)
Musbury, St Michael's Church - 4.9 miles (Historic Church)
Shute Barton - 6.3 miles (Historic Building)
Loughwood Meeting House - 6.3 miles (Historic Building)
Colyton, St Andrew's Church - 6.8 miles (Historic Church)
Axmouth, St Michael's Church - 6.8 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.