Self Catering in Cumbria - Pooley Bridge
Areas: Lake District, Cumbria
Sleeps a maximum of: 12
Pricing From: £4950.00
In the tranquil and beautiful English Lake District lies Waternook. Whether you are celebrating a happy event, searching for the perfect setting for an intimate wedding or just spending time with your favourite people, this property is a magical treat delivering sheer luxury and comfort.
Waternook occupies a sublime, secluded setting within 26 acres of private grounds and terraced gardens commanding breath-taking views of lake and mountain. The dramatic setting is complimented by half a mile of Ullswater shoreline and a boathouse with private jetty. Your Waternook experience is further enhanced by the: cinema room; sitting and reading rooms; state of the art kitchen and dining terrace with awe-inspiring views; Spa and Wellness Sanctuary featuring Laconium and bar area leading onto the hot tub terrace.
Evident throughout Waternook is its sleek sophisticated interior styling and perfectionist attention to detail which pre-empts the needs of even the most discerning guest. Whether you are celebrating a happy event, searching for the perfect setting for an intimate wedding or just spending time with your favourite people, here is a magical treat delivering sheer luxury and matching your high expectations. In the tranquil and beautiful English Lake District lies the Ullswater Valley - unspoilt, untamed and bursting with everything the Lake District has to offer.
Ullswater is one of many wonderful places in the Lake District that offers visitors an experience that will be truly memorable. It is a place that is relatively untouched by tourism, a place that offers a complete escape from our daily lives and a place that is so easy to get to. Ullswater itself is surrounded by stunning Lakeland fells, which are ideal for walking.
It is the perfect retreat for a relaxing get away, an adventure packed destination for the family, or a romantic escape for wining and dining your nearest and dearest. And for those thrill seekers looking for the next adrenalin rush, Ullswater is the perfect playground for adventure. Ullswater is your dream destination however you chose to spend your time.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 12 guests.
- Six double bedrooms, all en-suite.
- Half a mile of lake frontage and 26 acres of private estate grounds.
- Lake view terraced gardens with seating.
- Boathouse with private jetty.
- Infinity terrace with hot tub.
- Up to two dogs welcome. Restrictions apply, please see Notes.
- On-site parking.
- Waternook offers its guests access to its Luxury Concierge Service range. Arrangements can be made from helicopter tours to private chefs and yoga lessons.
- A damage deposit of £1000.
00 will be requested one week before arrival, full details will be provided along with the directions.
- Minimum 3 night weekend stay, 4 night mid-week stay or 7 night week long stay.
- Six luxury stone and porcelain en-suite bathrooms with invigorating monsoon or rain showers.
Designer baths in two bedrooms.
- State of the art kitchen.
- Wood burning stove.
- Spa and Wellness Sanctuary.
- Lakeview dining.
- Panoramic views of lake and mountains.
- Visit England 5 Star Gold Award (top 3 in England).
- Integrated music system and iPad control.
- 'Bean to cup' coffee machine.
- Television in all bedrooms.
- Barbecue terrace with gas barbecue equipment.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Dog beds provided on request.
- Cinema with Sky movies and sports.
- Secure bike and canoe storage.
- Security gate entry system.
- Sleeps: 12
- Bedrooms: 6
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Pooley Bridge area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Ullswater - 0.5 miles (Countryside)
High Force Waterfall - 2.5 miles (Countryside)
Aira Force - 2.5 miles (Countryside)
Dacre, St Andrews Church - 4.3 miles (Historic Church)
Brothers Water - 4.7 miles (Countryside)
Dalemain - 4.9 miles (Historic House)
Lowther Castle and Gardens - 5.7 miles (Historic House)
Helvellyn - 6.7 miles (Countryside)
Shap Abbey - 7.2 miles (Abbey)
Mayburgh Henge - 7.2 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.