Self Catering in Devon - Axminster
Sleeps a maximum of: 12
Pricing From: £886.00
This detached, thatched, former farm is set in a very quiet, rural position, two miles from Axminster. Set in 10 acres of land with views across the Axe Valley, the house skillfully combines original features with contemporary design.
The property, with holiday accommodation for 12 guests, lies at the end of a track and is set within 10 acres with views down to and across the Axe Valley. The refurbishment skilfully combines original features with more contemporary design.
Chubbs Farm is a 10 minute drive from the Regency resort of Lyme Regis. After a day on the beach or fossil hunting on the cliffs, guests can retreat to the property for a barbecue in perfect seclusion.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 12 guests.
- Six bedrooms, one shower room, one en-suite bathroom and two family bathrooms.
- Wood burning stove.
- Two acre lawned garden with decked area.
- There is an unfenced stream which runs around the perimeter of the garden and has a steep bank in some areas (please ensure children are supervised at all times).
- Ample onsite parking.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Access is via a rough farm track and should be negotiated with care. Drivers of cars with low axles should be aware of pot holes and steep gradient of track.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Thatched roof.
- Slate floor in the hall, oak floors with rugs throughout the rest of the property.
- French doors from the kitchen onto a patio.
- Double electric range oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Additional fridge/freezer in the utility room.
- Flatscreen digital TV, video, DVD, stereo with iPod docking station.
- Three travel cots and four highchairs available on request.
- Gas barbecue available to be used near the annexe of the property.
- Private water supply.
- Sleeps: 12
- Bedrooms: 6
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Axminster area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Axminster Heritage Centre - 1.3 miles (Museum)
Monkton Wyld, St Andrew's Church - 2 miles (Historic Church)
Musbury, St Michael's Church - 3.7 miles (Historic Church)
Loughwood Meeting House - 3.9 miles (Historic Building)
Forde Abbey - 4.1 miles (Historic House)
Shute Barton - 4.1 miles (Historic Building)
Jurassic Coast - 4.5 miles (Countryside)
Colyton, St Andrew's Church - 5.3 miles (Historic Church)
Whitchurch Canonicorum, St Candida & Holy Cross Church - 5.3 miles (Historic Church)
Axmouth, St Michael's Church - 6.2 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.