Self Catering in Cornwall - Pempwell
Higher Pempwell Barn
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £381.00
This Grade II listed granite and slate barn has been converted to a very high specification for holiday use. It is situated in an idyllic hamlet on the edge of the stunning Tamar Valley, an abundant wildlife habitat.
Higher Pempwell Barn is an immaculate and comfortable self-catering holiday cottage situated in an idyllic hamlet on the edge of the stunning Tamar Valley in Cornwall. The River Tamar is one of the most beautiful rivers in Britain, marking the boundary between Devon and Cornwall. Flanked by ancient woodland along lengthy stretches, the river also provides rare habitat for wildlife and is one of the UK's designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This peaceful location is ideal both for those after a quiet retreat, and those seeking adventure.
The luxury Grade II listed granite and slate holiday barn has been converted to a very high specification and offers modern accommodation in the heart of the Cornish countryside. Perfect for either a romantic break for two, a family holiday or indeed four adults, the accommodation is generous, light and airy. A separate games room (please note that access to this is across a small, very quiet road) for guests' exclusive use provides table tennis and table football tables and a wide range of children's toys and games. Outside is a parking area and small garden overlooking open fields with a lawn, sitting area and barbecue.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite shower room and one bathroom.
- Lawned garden.
- On-site parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Vaulted ceiling with exposed beams.
- Underfloor heating on the first floor, gas effect wood burning stove.
- Gas central heating with individually controllable radiators to the ground floor.
- Electric fan oven, gas hob with wok burner, stainless steel extractor hood, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, washing machine.
- 30' digital TV with Freeview Sky channels, video and DVD player, and an iPod enabled CD player with radio.
- Separate games room with table tennis, table football and a wide range of children's toys and games - housed separately across a very quiet road.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Barbecue and garden furniture.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Baby Welcome
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
- Table Tennis
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Pempwell area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Dupath Well - 3.6 miles (Historic Building)
Bradstone, St Nonna's Church - 3.6 miles (Historic Church)
Ken-Caro Garden - 5.1 miles (Garden)
Cotehele Mill - 5.1 miles (Historic Building)
Cotehele - 5.2 miles (Historic House)
Cotehele, Chapel in the Woods - 5.3 miles (Historic Church)
Morwellham Quay - 5.6 miles (Museum)
Launceston Castle - 6.4 miles (Castle)
Launceston, St Mary Magdalene Church - 6.4 miles (Historic Church)
Lawrence House Museum - 6.5 miles (Museum)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.