Self Catering in Northumberland - Hexham
Haughton Castle - Garden Cottage
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £302.00
A two bedroom, two bathroom single storey cottage providing accommodation on the ground floor within the grounds of Haughton Castle, Northumberland.
Garden Cottage is a very attractive single storey cottage with a traditional garden. It is situated in the grounds of Haughton Castle, at the foot of the slope up to the Castle battlements and about 100 yards from the banks of the river, with access to riverbank footpaths. The classical brick building once housing the Napoleonic War's French forgery lofts is nearby.
The cottage has been completely renovated to a high specification, including central heating and is now an exceptionally comfortable house equipped to a very high standard. Romantic Haughton Castle, a Grade I Listed building, dates from the peaceful era of 1260. The Castle faces parkland on one side, and a spectacular view across farmland with the North Tyne below on another.
Four cottages on the estate have been converted to provide charming and comfortable holiday homes, two of which can also be booked: Haughton Castle - White Lodge for four guests and Haughton Castle - Farm House for six guests. Cottage visitors may walk on the Estate land and particularly along the two miles of the North Tyne River which is part of the estate. Please avoid the areas marked 'Private' in front of the castle.
The Castle is not open to the public, however the owner is happy to show guests around, subject to it being practicable at the time. Guests are also welcome to use the tennis court at the Castle by arrangement with the owners.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests, with accommodation all on the ground floor.
- Wood burning stove in the sitting room.
- Two bedrooms, one double bed and two single beds which can be made as a double upon request.
- Two en-suite bathrooms.
- One well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge).
- Children over 10 years are welcome (there is an unfenced stream in the garden).
- Set 100 yards from the banks of the River North Tyne, with access to river bank footpaths.
- A traditional cottage garden situated at the foot of the slope up to Haughton Castle.
- Minimum stay of three night stay.
- Kitchen includes full cooker, microwave, fridge and dishwasher.
- Washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer located in the utility room.
- Television and DVD player.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Tennis Court
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Hexham area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Chesters Bridge Abutment (Hadrian's Wall) - 1.8 miles (Roman Site)
Chesters Roman Fort - 1.9 miles (Roman Site)
Brunton Turret (Hadrian's Wall) - 1.9 miles (Roman Site)
Planetrees Roman Wall (Hadrian's Wall) - 2.2 miles (Roman Site)
Black Carts Turret (Hadrian's Wall) - 2.3 miles (Roman Site)
Heavenfield, St Oswald's Church - 2.4 miles (Historic Church)
Chipchase Castle - 2.9 miles (Historic House)
Carrawburgh Temple of Mithras - 3.9 miles (Roman Site)
Wark in Tynedale Castle - 4.3 miles (Castle)
Hexham Abbey - 5.6 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.