Self Catering in Dorset - Wootton Fitzpaine
nr Lyme Regis
Sleeps a maximum of: 10
Pricing From: £249.00
Champernhayes Barn, one of six charming 15th Century restored farm buildings situated on the gentle slope of a West Dorset hillside, a real Jurassic Park! Awarded 5 stars by Visit Britain.
Overlooking the valley and views to the sea at Charmouth, The Barn is the flag ship of Champernhayes' six charming 15th Century restored farm buildings. This impressive detached stone property has been restored to original thatch and overlooks a beautiful valley and views of the Charmouth sea. It is situated on the site of a medieval monastery. The property has benefited from recent refurbishment and now combines a modern taste in furnishings and open plan, airy living, whilst remaining warm and cosy. Sleeping ten to twelve guests, The Barn is perfect for large groups and special celebrations.
One of six properties on the estate, we also offer Champernhayes Farmhouse sleeping up to eight guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps 10 guests.
- Five bedrooms.
- Three en-suites and one shared bathroom.
- Four oven Aga.
- Wood burning stove.
- Indoor Jacuzzi and swim spa (private use with arranged time slots).
- Enclosed garden plus communal garden with pond.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog), to be kept on the lead please due to sheep or guests who are wary of dogs.
- On-site parking.
- A small shop is available on-site selling local products and quality gifts.
- Arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Monday for a minimum of a three night stay.
- Stunning views out to the sea at Charmouth and surrounding countryside from the five acres of grounds.
- Four poster bed.
- Stable door from kitchen out to private garden which was once the site of the medieval monastery and whose footings can be seen on the stone wall.
- Woodland walks surrounding the area with a beauty meadow and stream.
- Seating area within garden with gas barbecue (gas supplied).
- Games room with a selection of books, board games and DVDs.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Exposed beams.
- Flat screen TV and DVD player, Bose stereo.
- Hand built modern oak and granite topped kitchen, well equipped with two dishwashers, microwave, fridge and freezer.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Secured access to the jacuzzi area (pin code on door), please supervise children at all times and bring your own pool towels.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
- Swimming Pool
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Wootton Fitzpaine area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Monkton Wyld, St Andrew's Church - 1 miles (Historic Church)
Jurassic Coast - 1.9 miles (Countryside)
Whitchurch Canonicorum, St Candida & Holy Cross Church - 2.7 miles (Historic Church)
Axminster Heritage Centre - 3.7 miles (Museum)
Forde Abbey - 4.9 miles (Historic House)
Musbury, St Michael's Church - 4.9 miles (Historic Church)
Shute Barton - 6.3 miles (Historic Building)
Loughwood Meeting House - 6.3 miles (Historic Building)
Colyton, St Andrew's Church - 6.8 miles (Historic Church)
Axmouth, St Michael's Church - 6.8 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.