Self Catering in Cheshire - Nantwich
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £736.00
This Grade II listed former barn near Nantwich, reputed to have been slept in by Oliver Cromwell, has been beautifully restored while retaining many original features. It is in the grounds of a dairy farm, in glorious unspoilt countryside.
Cromwells Manor is reputed to have been slept in by Oliver Cromwell during the battle of Nantwich, built in 1620, and is a Grade II listed former barn. The property has been sympathetically restored to a high standard, but still retains many of the original features whilst providing accommodation for eight guests. Situated in the grounds of Woodhey Hall, a Cheshire dairy farm set in glorious unspoilt countryside, the barn has a well-fenced garden, patio, garden furniture and barbecue.
It also has access to a large games lawn and super outdoor children's play area along with an indoor games room offering table tennis, pool and many games and toys. The location offers fishing and many country walks. The historic town of Nantwich is close by with lovely shops and restaurants.
The Thatch pub at Faddiley offers excellent dining and is within walking distance of the property. If you are planning a big family getaway or want to holiday with friends, Cromwell's Manor can be booked with The Old Cart House to sleep fourteen guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms, three of which are en-suite.
- Family bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Private, enclosed, well fenced garden and patio.
- Shared use of a games lawn, outdoor children's play area and an indoor playroom with table tennis and pool table.
- Sorry, no pets.
- The use of fireworks or lanterns is not permitted.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Many original features including exposed beams.
- French doors opening out onto the terrace and garden.
- Second sitting area with patio doors to garden and toys/games/books.
- Double oven, grill and ceramic hob, microwave, two fridges, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TVs in all bedrooms. 42' TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio.
- Cot, highchair, stairgate and fireguard available upon request.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
- Table Tennis
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Nantwich area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Cholmondeley Castle Gardens - 2.6 miles (Garden)
Bunbury, St Boniface Church - 3.3 miles (Historic Church)
Dorfold Hall - 3.5 miles (Historic House)
Beeston Castle - 4.5 miles (Castle)
Hack Green Secret Nuclear Bunker - 4.6 miles (Museum)
Nantwich, St Mary's Church - 4.7 miles (Historic Church)
Adderley, St Peter's Church - 9.6 miles (Historic Church)
Farndon, St Chad's Church - 10.2 miles (Historic Church)
Holt, St Chad's Church - 10.2 miles (Historic Church)
Sandbach, St Mary's Church - 12.4 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.