Self Catering in Gloucestershire - Newent
Sleeps a maximum of: 2
Pricing From: £357.00
The Granary, three miles from Newent, offers excellent, spacious accommodation and peaceful seclusion in a very rural position at the end of a half mile private road. Guests will enjoy sunny south facing views across farmland and privately owned woodland.
The Granary incorporates an original stone barn and offers peaceful seclusion in a very rural position at the end of a half mile private road. Guests will enjoy spacious, comfortable and generously sized accommodation, including a large, spacious kitchen with Aga and underfloor heating on the ground floor and a sitting room on the first floor, with sunny, south west facing views across farmland and privately owned woodland. The large, enclosed, fenced and private garden with cherry trees is a wonderful area for relaxing.
There is a large privately owned lake nearby (100 yards from The Granary) and guests are welcome to use it for coarse fishing (at their own risk). Well stocked with Tench, Bream, Perch, Rudd and even Bleak, this is an area full of native wildlife such as frogs, newts, toads and dragonflies - with an occasional chance to glimpse a kingfisher. Also available to book at this location is Stardust Stargazing Hut (sleeps two guests).
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom with en-suite bathroom & shower.
- Set within a working farm that consists of llamas, cows and dogs
- Private enclosed quarter of an acre garden with large double outdoor terrace.
- Parking for two vehicles.
- Sorry, no children or infants.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome, however care should be taken near livestock (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Llama walks and activities are available (please see Notes).
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- Exposed stone walls.
- Wonderful walking and scenery on the edge of the Forest of Dean.
- Electric Aga, microwave, electric wood burning stove, electric hob and oven, washing machine, dishwasher, Fridge (No Freezer)
- Television with Freeview, digital radio.
- The Granary is adjoining the owners' home.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Newent area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Kempley, St Mary - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Much Marcle, St Bartholomews church - 5.3 miles (Historic Church)
Hellens Manor - 5.5 miles (Historic House)
Yatton Chapel - 5.5 miles (Historic Church)
Corse, St Margaret Church - 5.6 miles (Historic Church)
Ross-on-Wye, St Mary's Church - 6.1 miles (Historic Church)
Market House Heritage Centre - 6.2 miles (Historic Building)
How Caple Church - 6.3 miles (Historic Church)
Foy, St Mary's Church - 6.5 miles (Historic Church)
Lassington, St Oswald's Church - 6.6 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.