Self Catering in Suffolk - Syleham
Old Water Mill
Sleeps a maximum of: 5
Pricing From: £510.00
This is the end terrace of a converted watermill on the banks of the River Waveney on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. It is set in a conservation area with river frontage and fishing rights and perfect for a secluded romantic retreat.
Riverside Cottage is the end terrace of a converted watermill on the banks of the River Waveney on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. Set in the heart of a conservation area, with river frontage and fishing rights, Riverside Cottage is the perfect holiday location for a secluded, romantic retreat. It also makes an ideal cycling base, situated on National Cycle Network route 30.
It has a private jetty, a four person rowing boat and a small, private island accessed via a wooden bridge. Visitors to the garden include swans, deer, kingfishers, ducks and numerous other bird species. Fish include chubb, pike and perch. The river runs the full length of the garden and along the bank are bulrushes, water iris, lilies and reeds. There is a public house within walking distance, The Old Kings Head with origins dating back to the 14th century incorporates a bar and restaurant.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps five guests.
- Three bedrooms, one wet room and one bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Enclosed garden with seating over looking the river.
- Onsite parking. Please note: no commercial vehicles.
- Sorry, no pets.
- A small baby is welcome in own moses basket.
- Children over nine years welcome.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Stone floors and granite worktops.
- River frontage and fishing rights. Fishing from the river bank or from boat. (See notes)
- Private jetty and a four person rowing boat and a small private island accessed via a wooden bridge.
- Underfloor heating.
- Range cooker with gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- LCD TV in the sitting room and master bedroom with Sky, DVD player.
- Stereo system for the TV. CD player with attachment for MP3s.
- Bathrobes provided.
- Four adult bikes are available.
- My Personal Sanctuary is a luxurious and truly indulgent beauty therapy service delivering 5 star quality organic treatments carried out in the comfort of your cottage.
- Sorry, no stag or hen parties.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- My Personal Sanctuary Spa
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Syleham area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Wingfield, St Andrew's Church - 1.3 miles (Historic Church)
Hoxne, St Peter & St Paul Church - 2.1 miles (Historic Church)
Stradbroke, All Saints Church - 2.8 miles (Historic Church)
Billingford Mill - 2.9 miles (Historic Building)
Fressingfield, St Peter & St Paul's Church - 3 miles (Historic Church)
Horham, St Mary's Church - 3.4 miles (Historic Church)
Wilby, St Mary's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Eye, Suffolk Church - 4.9 miles (Historic Church)
Eye Castle - 4.9 miles (Castle)
Frenze, St Andrew's Church - 5.1 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.