Self Catering in Gloucestershire - Stow-on-the-Wold
Areas: Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £602.00
Originally the gamekeeper's cottage for a large local estate, this delightful and spacious property sits comfortably next to the Grade II listed bridge over the River Dikler, and backs onto private woodland, in the hamlet of Upper Swell.
This spacious property provides an ideal rural setting for a family holiday, with Stow-on-the-Wold only a mile away with its eclectic mix of quality shopping, restaurants and pubs.
The Heart of England Way runs adjacent to the cottage, and a 15 minute walk along this public footpath, through the magnificent grounds of the Abbottswood Estate, will bring you to Lower Swell where the Golden Ball Public House offers good food, an open fire and a warm welcome. From Lower Swell, you can continue along the public footpaths for a further two miles, to the charming and much photographed villages of Upper and Lower Slaughter.
Rosemary Cottage in the adjacent village of Lower Swell is also available to book for five guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms.
- Two en-suite shower rooms and a small bathroom.
- Large lawned, south facing garden overlooking the shallow but fast flowing river, and backing onto private woodland - completely fenced off and child safe.
- The garage is not available for guests but parking is available for two vehicles.
- The parking area is open to the river and children must be supervised.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Bedrooms have vaulted ceilings.
- Chill-out room above the garage, approached by an external wooden staircase. (Suitable for warmer months, see layout).
- Double oven, ceramic hob, microwave, integrated Neff fridge/freezer, dishwasher, AEG washer/dryer, Belfast sink.
- TV/DVD/CD in sitting room and TV/DVD in master bedrooms. TV, radio/CD player in the 'Chill out' room.
- Cycle storage is available in the garage.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available upon request.
- Garden furniture.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Stow-on-the-Wold area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Stow-on-the-Wold, St Edward's Church - 1.2 miles (Historic Church)
Longborough, St James - 1.8 miles (Historic Church)
Upper Slaughter, St Peter's Church - 2.6 miles (Historic Church)
Sezincote - 2.7 miles (Historic House)
Upper Slaughter Manor - 2.7 miles (Historic House)
Bourton House Garden - 3.5 miles (Garden)
Salmonsbury Camp - 3.8 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Lower Oddington, St Nicholas Church - 3.8 miles (Historic Church)
Adlestrop, St Mary Magdalene - 4 miles (Historic Church)
Batsford Arboretum - 4.3 miles (Garden)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.