Self Catering in Norfolk - Little Walsingham
Sleeps a maximum of: 5
Pricing From: £429.00
Oystercatcher Cottage is in the grounds of The Old Vicarage near the medieval village of Little Walsingham. This beautiful single storey property has its own enclosed garden with outdoor dining area and access to approximately two and a half acres of grounds.
Oystercatcher is nestled in the beautiful North Norfolk countryside and is approached via a tree lined avenue. One of several cottages within the prestigious development of the Old Vicarage, a late Georgian Rectory with communal woodland and grounds extending to approximately 2.5 acres.
Built within the pretty Victorian walled garden of the Old Vicarage, this beautifully presented, single storey mews style cottage has been named after a resident oystercatcher who is often spotted striding the garden walls. The two larger bedrooms have direct access into these gardens and the single room has wonderful views across the meadows and woodlands. The good sized private enclosed rear garden has an outdoor dining area and barbecue and is a perfect spot to relax and enjoy the tranquil meadow views with its many visitors, such as oystercatchers, barn owls, mallard, pheasants, French and English partridge, curlew, graylag and barnacle geese and various plover and waders on the marshland beyond.
Should you wish to accommodate further guests please see Corrie's Cottage which is next door and sleeps six guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps five guests.
- All ground floor accommodation.
- Three bedrooms, one en-suite shower room and one family bathroom.
- Direct access to enclosed Victorian walled garden.
- Enclosed rear garden with views over open pastureland.
- Parking for two vehicles.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Access to two acre woodland area.
- Electric 'wood burning' effect stove.
Electric hob and oven, microwave, American style fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing/dryer.
- 3D Flatscreen TV with Freesat. Digital recorder.
DVD player. iPod dock.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request
- Blackout blinds in bedrooms.
- Security bike racks.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Possibility of hiring a beach hut at Wells next the Sea (Please request at time of booking as notice is required and an extra hire charge applies).
- Please note there is a 20 metre shingle path from the parking area to the coded security gates into the courtyard garden. This pathway may not be suitable for guests with mobility difficulties.
- My Personal Sanctuary can visit the property for beauty treatments.
(Please see Things to Do above)
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- My Personal Sanctuary Spa
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Little Walsingham area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Walsingham Abbey - 0.2 miles (Abbey)
Walsingham Friary - 0.3 miles (Abbey)
Great Walsingham, St Peter's Church - 0.4 miles (Historic Church)
Little Walsingham, St Mary's Church - 0.4 miles (Historic Church)
Hindringham Hall & Gardens - 2.7 miles (Historic House)
Little Snoring, St Andrew's Church - 3 miles (Historic Church)
Hindringham, St Martin's Church - 3 miles (Historic Church)
Binham Priory - 3.3 miles (Abbey)
Binham Market Cross - 3.4 miles (Historic Building)
Barney, St Mary's Church - 4.5 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.