Self Catering in Powys - Montgomery
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £461.00
Simply stunning - a beautifully refurbished detached farmhouse in an elevated position enjoying breath-taking unspoilt views across the valley towards the Kerry Ridgeway and Shropshire Hills but within 2 miles of the ancient Welsh border town of Montgomery. Enjoy complete privacy as the property is set within its own acre of land along with just a few rustic outbuildings.
Draenllwynellen is a beautifully refurbished detached farmhouse in an elevated position enjoying breath-taking unspoilt views across the valley towards the Kerry Ridgeway and Shropshire Hills but within 2 miles of the ancient Welsh border town of Montgomery, with its twice weekly market. This traditional property dates back in parts to the early 1800's and boasts original beams and an oak staircase, a bespoke kitchen with range cooker and large family sitting room with wood burning stove. Completely private, set in its own acre of land with orchard and ornamental garden and rustic outbuildings, guests will enjoy the spectacular scenery and peace and quiet of this beautiful rural hideaway.
Simply stunning! There are footpaths and byways directly from the house and quiet country lanes for walking or cycling as well as Offa's Dyke path (3 miles) and hill walking and nature reserves at Roundton and Corndon Hills near Church Stoke, some 4 miles distant as well as the Long Mynd, a scenic 40 minute drive away.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, one bathroom and one shower room.
- Inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove.
- Wonderful ornamental gardens and patio.
- Ample parking onsite.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Original features including an oak staircase and exposed beams.
- Underfloor heating throughout ground floor.
- Double oven 'Stanley' range cooker, dishwasher, fridge, fridge/freezer and combination microwave.
- Pure digital radio with aux for MP3 player connection, HDTV with Freeview and Netflix services. Digital radio/CD player.
- Private water supply with UV filtration system.
- Travel cot, high chair and stair gate available on request.
- Range of games and puzzles for guest use.
- Garden furniture for outdoor dining.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Montgomery area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Montgomery, St Nicholas Church - 1.8 miles (Historic Church)
Lymore Park - 1.9 miles (Garden)
Montgomery Castle - 1.9 miles (Castle)
Forden Gaer Roman Fort - 3.3 miles (Roman Site)
Dolforwyn Castle - 4.1 miles (Castle)
Glansevern Hall Gardens - 4.3 miles (Garden)
Andrew Logan Museum of Sculpture - 4.7 miles (Museum)
Mitchell's Fold Stone Circle - 6.1 miles (Prehistoric Site)
St Mary's Church & Robert Owen's Grave - 6.8 miles (Historic Church)
Robert Owen Memorial Museum - 6.8 miles (Museum)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.