Self Catering in Gloucestershire - Tewkesbury
Sleeps a maximum of: 10
Pricing From: £1173.00
A modernised spacious, self-contained wing of an important Grade II listed manor house, the property is four miles from Tewkesbury. It has been redecorated to a very high standard and is furnished with antique furniture and decorative prints.
This property is a modernised, spacious, self-contained wing of an important Grade II listed manor house, close to the west bank of the river Severn on the Gloucestershire/Worcestershire border. It has been redecorated to a very high standard and is furnished throughout with antique furniture and decorative prints.
Parts of the house date back to the 15th century, including the Medieval Great Hall built by the Abbots of the Benedictine monastery at Tewkesbury. Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn are believed to have stayed here in July 1535. The present owners are the eighth generation to own the manor and its estate. The wing was added circa 1890 by the Arts and Crafts architect, Philip Webb.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Three bathrooms and one shower room.
- Open fireplace.
- Fully enclosed private walled, brick paved, rose garden.
- Space for one car immediately outside the front door and plenty of space for further cars in the adjoining garage yard.
- Children over 12 years old are welcome at the property.
- A dog is welcome at the property, kept to the ground floor please (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Oak panelled drawing room.
- Catering can be arranged through Annie Randolph Dyer on 01451 833744 or 07794 415550 - please do give plenty of notice.
- Open fire in the drawing room, gas 'coal-effect' fires in the two first floor bedrooms.
- Four oven Aga with two hot plates and a four ring gas hob attached, microwave, huge fridge/freezer, two dishwashers, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- TV with DVD player.
- Garden furniture and barbecue for the exclusive use of guests.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- One Dog
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Tewkesbury area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Deerhurst Priory Saxon church - 1.1 miles (Historic Church)
Tewkesbury Abbey - 1.4 miles (Historic Church)
Odda's Chapel - 1.5 miles (Historic Church)
Tredington, St John the Baptist Church - 2.6 miles (Historic Church)
Pendock Old Church - 3.5 miles (Historic Church)
Stoke Orchard, St James the Great Church - 3.7 miles (Historic Church)
Ripple, St Mary's Church - 3.7 miles (Historic Church)
Bredon Tithe Barn - 4.4 miles (Historic Building)
Bredon, St Giles Church - 4.5 miles (Historic Church)
Ashleworth, St Andrew and Bartholomew - 5.1 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.