Self Catering in Devon - Barnstaple
Areas: North Devon, Devon
The Abandoned Cottage
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £438.00
With wonderful views over the surrounding countryside, this stylish and spacious cottage, once abandoned, has been beautifully restored. It is a 20 minute drive to the North Devon's glorious sandy surf beaches and 3 miles from Barnstaple.
With the most wonderful views over the surrounding countryside leading down to the Taw Estuary and out to sea, this stylish and spacious detached cottage has been beautifully restored. Eco friendly techniques have been incorporated wherever possible including ground source heating, rain water collection and storage systems making your holiday a green experience in more ways than one!
The Abandoned Cottage, is exactly how it was for many years until it was lovingly restored. To the front, on the opposite side of the shared drive, is a working farm ensuring a constant supply of free range eggs. Privacy is assured as at the rear there is a large garden including a long patio with barbecue, lawned area, and paddock. The property can be booked with accommodation for four or six guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four + two guests.
- Three bedrooms, one en-suite shower room and one family bathroom.
- This property is suitable for four adults and two children in the bunk bedroom.
- Multi-fuel burning stove in the sitting room.
- Large garden to the rear with patio, lawned area and paddock.
- Parking for three vehicles.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Range style cooker, duel fuel hob and oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher.
- Washing machine in the utility room.
- HD TV with Freeview and DVD. TV with Freeview in the kitchen. TV/DVD in the mezzanine area.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Barnstaple area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Marwood, St Michael's Church - 0.6 miles (Historic Church)
Marwood Hill - 0.6 miles (Garden)
Braunton, St Brannock's Church - 3.7 miles (Historic Church)
Arlington, St James Church - 4.6 miles (Historic Church)
Arlington Court - 4.7 miles (Historic House)
Swimbridge, St James Church - 6.2 miles (Historic Church)
Chambercombe Manor - 6.3 miles (Historic House)
Tapeley Park - 6.4 miles (Historic House)
Cobbaton Combat Collection - 7.5 miles (Museum)
Chittlehampton, St Hieritha's Church - 8.8 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.