Shropshire Self Catering cottage, Shooter's Lodge, Wem, sleeps 6
Sleeps a maximum of:
Pricing From: £395.00
This detached bungalow rests in Wem, Shropshire and can sleep six people in three bedrooms.
Shooter's Lodge is a detached bungalow resting in Wem in Shropshire. Hosting three king-size bedrooms; all of which are zip/link and can be twin on request, with two having en-suite bathrooms, and one with an en-suite shower room, this property can sleep up to six guests. There is a kitchen/diner, and a sitting room with a woodburning stove.
To the outside, there is an enclosed garden with lawn and furniture, while ample off-road parking is available. Shooter's Lodge is a lovely property for a family holiday in the Shropshire countryside,
RECENT CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Overpriced cottage that doesn?t fit the description
This review of Shooter's Lodge, Wem, Shropshire has been delayed as we have been trying to negotiate a refund with Sykes Cottage Rentals and the cottage owner. Apparently, because we did not leave the property when we noticed all the problems, both inside and outside, we are not entitled to a refund (future renters beware). Sykes and the owner were unhelpful and totally dismissive of our ruined expensive holiday, with the owner even suggesting that we had
?doctored? the photo evidence that we sent to Sykes. To leave the cottage on a Sunday afternoon at the beginning of August with four adults and two dogs, and find somewhere else to stay, would have been impossible.
We arrived after our friends only to discover that there was a big problem with the water system. Our friends had phoned the owner who had said that he was busy and would arrive in an hour or two. He never arrived and we spent the complete six days with a banging boiler and continuously dripping taps.
The description of the property provided by Sykes was nothing compared to what we encountered!!!!
* The lawn is, in fact, a cut field with weeds and grass awns. (During the first afternoon, one of our dogs got a grass awn in his paw and, next morning, we had to take him to a local vet to have it removed at a cost of £600)
* The garden is not enclosed as stated in the description, with gaps in the hedge where dogs could escape.
* The driveway gate was lying on the ground which meant the dogs could have escaped onto the busy main road.
* The gravel on the driveway is very deep making it difficult to walk.
* The stone pots/troughs had no flowers in them, only weeds.
* There was no direct safe pathway leading to country walks, only by walking along the busy narrow main road with no pavements.
* At the rear of the cottage, water dripped continuously from external pipes leading out from the bathroom causing a very damp area on the ground, which is certain to cause structural damage in the future.
* The bathroom window frame, above these pipes, was rotten and the window could not be opened.
* The whole kitchen area was grimy with a disgusting toaster and loose kick-boards with muck underneath and cobwebs were hanging down from the dirty windows .
* The carpet in the hallway leading to the bedrooms was badly fitted with rucked up dangerous areas.
* As mentioned earlier, the water system was horrendous with continuously dripping taps and a noisy banging boiler.
* There were no instructions explaining how various equipment worked.
* The description from Sykes mentioned a nearby shop but no directions were provided. We never found it.
The only plus points were:
* The beds were very comfortable
* The Internet worked very well.
Water Noise -Nightmare
Shooter's Lodge is a lovely setting, however, the water system needs a huge overhaul. Water pumps sounds like a bass drum and the pipes in the bedroom send a high-pitched squealing sound throughout the night. You constantly have to turn the tap on and off to try and solve the problem. Disturbed night's sleep every night. We had an autistic child with us and this was very disturbing for him. If he had been further up the spectrum we would not have been able to stay. There was no information regarding recycling or what to do with used towels or bedding. This was certainly not worth the money. Families with young children would not be able to settle there. It is essentail that the water problem is dealt with. Definately not value for money nearly £1000 FOR 7 days is a disgrace. Very disappointed for the first time with a propeerty from Sykes.
It's nothing like the review. It looked old and cobwebbs hanging down the windows. Didn't give a first impression.
This place is nothing like the report given by Sykes. The gravel out side the front door area is far too deep making it differcult to walk. In side the place looked as though it needed a good clean kitchen sink was filthy the toaster dirty wouldn't use it .. skirting boards thick with dirt.water problem no sleep due to boiler making a noise like someone banging a big drum. Contacted the phone number given and was told he new about it just turn the taps off slowly, what a load of eye wash. The grass area outside isn't up to much mainly very uneven and like field grass.The third evening water cascaded out of ceiling in the cleanings place in hall. The carpet became sodden and back bedroom ceilings looked as though it would collapse any time we got packed up as fast as we could and left for home as water was getting to electrics the place is a disaster. On phoning the number all he said o dearI am sorry. My advice is look for another place. There not a lot more to be said except the money you are paying is not acceptable.
Oil central heating and woodburning stove
Electric range oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, Smart TV, and WiFi
Fuel and power inc in rent
Bed linen and towels inc in rent
Ample off-road parking
Enclosed garden with lawn and furniture
Well-behaved pets welcome, however, garden not enclosed or dog proof
Sorry, no smoking
Shop 1 miles, pub less than 3 miles
Note: There is a garage for bike storage on request
Map is approximate and should only be used to get a rough idea of the cottage location.
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Wem area.
Nearest Alternative Cottages
of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may
be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute
facility listings will be always presented during the booking
process for your approval.