The National Trust is a registered UK charity supported
by membership fees and donations, whose work has done much to preserve
the heritage and culture of the UK for residents and travelers
to enjoy. In plain English, the Trust manages historic buildings and
preserves countryside and coastline from the ravages of progress.
Many of the historic houses you can visit in Britain
today are managed by the Trust. Quite a few were given to the Trust
by aristocratic owners unable to pay for upkeep themselves. Frequently
the family of the owners stay on in apartments attached to the house,
though these apartments are not generally available for public viewing.
If you travel in the UK - whether you are a resident of the UK or not - you should seriously consider
buying a National Trust membership, which you can do at any Trust
property or online, by clicking here
If you enjoy exploring the heritage of Britain, a National Trust membership can pay for itself many times over - plus, you get the good feeling of knowing you are helping to preserve the best of Britain for future generations to enjoy. The Britain Express family have been National Trust members for years - even before we moved to the UK from Canada, and we would no sooner be without our National Trust membership than we would think of driving without a spare tire!
We are delighted that we can now offer readers of Britain Express the opportunity to get National Trust memberships through us, and at the same time, save the price of one full month's cost off regular membership prices (when you pay by direct debit). So, go on, support the work of the National Trust, and enjoy all the benefits of membership ...
Get 3 months free membership with The National Trust
National Trust membership
Depending on the membership you choose, it will pay
for itself after about 5-7 visits to Trust properties. You'll receive
a terrific guide to the Trust properties, plus a wonderful quarterly
magazine. Besides, you'll get a warm and fuzzy feeling from knowing
you're helping to preserve the heritage of Britain for future generations
to enjoy. Its worth it.
There are other membership schemes available, including
life memberships and Gift Memberships.
- Great value – with adult membership prices starting at as little as £36.38 (when paying by Direct Debit) you can visit hundreds of fantastic places in England, Wales & Northern Ireland as many times as you like.
- FREE car parking at most National Trust countryside, woodland and coastal car parks.
- Children under 5 go free.
- The National Trust membership pack which contains:
- Members’ Handbook – the essential guide to all the Trust’s properties, opening times and locations.
- The National Trust Magazine – published three times a year with news, views, articles, features, gardening tips and letters.
- Regional Newsletters – updates on the special events and activities in your area.
- Car parking sticker – free parking at most National Trust car parks.
- Map Guide – your guide to over 300 beautiful buildings and 200 glorious gardens.
- One months’ free membership when you pay by Direct Debit (twelve months for the price of eleven).
- Free National Trust Binoculars.
- NOTE: it can take up to 4 weeks to receive your membership pack
Annual membership prices (subject to change)
Individual: Standard: £53.00 Direct Debit: £39.75
Joint: Standard: £88.50 Direct Debit: £66.37 (Two adults living at the same address)
Family Group: Standard: £93.50 Direct Debit: £70.12 (Two adults living at the same address with children under 18)
Family One Adult: Standard £58.00 Direct Debit: £43.50 (One adult with children under 18)
Child: Standard: £25.00 Direct Debit: £18.75 (Aged between 5 and 13)
Young Person:Standard: £25.00 Direct Debit: £18.75 (Aged 13-25)
Additional member: Standard: £35.50 Direct Debit: £26.62 (add an additional member to individual or family membership)
Individual Life: £1,325.00
Joint Life: £1,585.00
Joint Family Life: £1,820.00
Senior membership: please call the Membership Department on 0844 800 1895, and remember: Children under 5 go free!!
Current membership offers:
The National Trust
Bromley, Kent BR1 3BR
Phone +44 (0)181 315 1111
You can join the Royal Oak Foundation - the American
affiliate of the National Trust. Get the Trust Guide and
full visiting rights, plus a special newsletter.
Also see our feature on
Trust working holidays
Text © David Ross and Britain Express